Wilbour

Dropped Video Signal

Has anyone seen a dropped Video signal while recording via the Roxio USB device? This seems to happen randomly while making the initial recording. Nothing short of a system restart solves this.

Closing the program and restarting does not work

Unplugging and plugging in the USB does not work

Also this device is not detected by NCS recording software while this is happening so I don't think it's strictly just the Easy VHS capture software.

I have seen this at 2 minutes and 20 minutes. The device just stops video signals. Audio still goes through but the picture freezes.

After a computer reboot it works but that means you have to sit through the whole capture process to ensure it's working fine.

And after every capture?

It will work fine then on the second or third capture it may stop.

Anyone else have this issue?

And after every capture?

It will work fine then on the second or third capture it may stop.

Anyone else have this issue?

Reboot after EVERY capture, and see if that clears up your problem.

Has anyone seen a dropped Video signal while recording via the Roxio USB device? This seems to happen randomly while making the initial recording. Nothing short of a system restart solves this.

Closing the program and restarting does not work

Unplugging and plugging in the USB does not work

Also this device is not detected by NCS recording software while this is happening so I don't think it's strictly just the Easy VHS capture software.

I have seen this at 2 minutes and 20 minutes. The device just stops video signals. Audio still goes through but the picture freezes.

After a computer reboot it works but that means you have to sit through the whole capture process to ensure it's working fine.

What is NCS recording software? Is that interfering with Roxio? Does it always stop at 2:20? Are there blank sections on your tape?

From what VHS device are you capturing? To what are you capturing or are you capturing direct to a DVD?

There is a lot of information missing from your post

Edited by myguggi

"NCS" is likely NCH and that is one of the few software packages that is compatible with the Roxio USB Capture Device.

As Walt mentioned, it is sounding like issues with your tape??? Many of the captures will stop anytime there is a blank spot in the tape, no matter how small.

You have never explained What you are doing or How you are doing it. Your telling us that your thumb is sore and swollen while leaving out the part about hitting it with a hammer :lol: