Question

I tried to install my roxio game capture CD or DVD or whatever, my drive does both.

Everything went according to plan and I got a prompt asking me to restart my computer.

I did.

All I got was a file folder added to my desktop full of install logs. Now my computer wont even read the dosc anymore.

Im running Windows 7 service pack 1.

What happened and how can I fix this?

A big shout out to the roxio tech support. There completely useless.

21 answers to this question

Is this the program you have?.

post-68-0-40887500-1505757496_thumb.png

I have no idea what happened since it is unclear what you did.

Installing "Roxio GameCapture for Consoles" does not create a Desktop folder and especially not one containing the install logs.

THe install also does not disable reading the discs.

I would say that there is something wrong with your W7 setup

Edited by myguggi

Try this:

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller (select the free one). Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners.

Now insert your Roxio Disc.

When the Install has completed turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

that uninstaller program doesnt find any roxio related software on my computer

I also installed IE and windows media player per the system requirements listed on this site and it didnt help which isnt a real big surprise.

I still have the intall log folder on my desktop that magically appeared and my computer continues to not read the disc despite having read it the first time.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

What files are in your so-called "install log folder"?

Can you read other CDs or DVDs?

Why did you install IE and WMP? They are part of W7 and do not need to be installed.

There are install logs inside of my install log folder.

IE and windows media player are not ''part'' of windows 7 but either way I dunno man they werent on the computer when I got it I havent had it long. I downloaded them because they are listed as requirements on this site. I just did it to try.

UPDATE

I found a way to get the roxio game capture software through ''other'' means. It appears to be working perfectly fine but if I actually have the roxio plugged into my USB port and load up the software and click ''capture'' it acts like its searching for a signal for a moment, the whole screen turns blue for a millisecond and then my ENTIRE computer FREEZES.

I had a moron on this website working the chat ask me to send him a screenshot.......-blows brains out-

IE & Media Player are most certainly part of Win 7 and always have been :wacko:

You really know a lot less about this than you think you do and that is a stumbling block to get past...

This is extensive, but it what I suggest...
Add Nothing! - Skip Nothing!

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Create a New User Account with Administrator Privileges.

Turn OFF any A/V & Firewall.

Reboot and log on to that new account.

Copy your entire disc to a new folder on your HDD.

In that new folder, right click on Setup.exe and select Properties.

Under the Compatibility tab, make sure nothing is checked!

Right click Setup.exe and select Open.

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

Use the Default Locations!

When the Install competes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

You can delete that Account if you like after you are done and have tested the install.

I cannot emphasize enough the need to follow these instruction to the letter and in the order presented! And you might have to do them twice.

Let us know how you make out.

UPDATE

I found a way to get the roxio game capture software through ''other'' means. It appears to be working perfectly fine but if I actually have the roxio plugged into my USB port and load up the software and click ''capture'' it acts like its searching for a signal for a moment, the whole screen turns blue for a millisecond and then my ENTIRE computer FREEZES.

If Jim's post # 11 doesn't work? Read on...

''other'' means, some hacked Internet download?

The Game Capture Device has to be plugged into your USB on the PC to work!

"IE and windows media player are not ''part'' of windows 7""the whole screen turns blue for a millisecond and then my ENTIRE computer FREEZES."

Your PC is a basket case and your blaming the software. I would get someone that knows what their doing to re-install W-7 on a re-formated hard drive, then use the Roxio Game Capture installation disc to install it.

I know it has to be plugged into the usb drive to work. >_>

How do you know my computer is a basket case?

Have you seen all the issues people have with with roxio? Maybe I should have looked into it a little more before buying.

Maybe the next dude will suggest lighting my computer on fire and summoning satan then performing an ezorcism alongside the pope to get this piece of junk to work. Seems like it might help.

If someone has a specific explanation or solution let me know.

How do you know my computer is a basket case?

It didn't have IE or WMP installed on it you said, and the fact that your PC blue screens and crashes, A BASKET CASE OF A PC.

Ill admit its kinda odd that it didnt have IE or wmp on it when I got it but everything seema legit as far as windows goes.

The only time its ever done that blue flash and freeze thing is when using plugging in the capcard while the roxio software is open.

Right click 'My Computer' then click 'Properties' this screen appears.

Does it say activated and have the windows logo?

post-97-0-89151200-1505828123_thumb.jpg

Windows starter is the problem!

Minimum System Requirements:

Microsoft Windows® 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit), Intel® Core 2 Duo Processor 1.8 GHz or AMD Athlon x2 64 2.0 GHz, 2GB RAM
DirectX® 9.0c compatible graphics card or higher, sound card
2GB free hard drive space for installation. 10+ GB free recommended for video recording.
Windows Media Player 11 or higher
Internet explorer 7 or 8
Internet connection required for capture, registration, product updates and tutorials. Any Internet charges are the user's responsibility
One available USB 2.0 port

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/game-capture/console/system-requirements.html

Windows 7 Starter- what are the limitations?

Only way to fix it is a compliant OS, Microsoft Windows® 7, Vista™ SP2, XP (SP3 for 32 bit & SP2 for 64 bit).