Question

I have a Roxio 10 VideoWave project that I want to upgrade to NXT 5 so that I can create an HD output file. Will I be able to point to my old project file using NXT 5 and create a HD quality video from it? This is my only reason for getting this product so it has to be able to do this one thing without problems.

O/S: WIN 10

Edited by GaryDouglas

8 answers to this question

I have a Roxio 10 VideoWave project that I want to upgrade to NXT 5 so that I can create an HD output file. Will I be able to point to my old project file using NXT 5 and create a HD quality video from it? This is my only reason for getting this product so it has to be able to do this one thing without problems.

I do not have any of the NXT products on my computer, but previous version of the Roxio software were NOT COMPATIBLE with versions before it. Hopefully, someone can answer you about this newer software, so you will know whether or not to go for a refund.

Projects created in previous versions are not compatible with newer versions.

Wow, knowing that, why would anyone use this software. I guess they are counting on people not knowing about this... Okay, I will take this as an opportunity to load up everything I've done in Roxio 10 and put it into my CyberLink equivalent...

Thanks for the info.

What do you mean by this "load up everything I've done in Roxio 10 and put it into my CyberLink equivalent..."?

Any projects done in Roxio will not work in Cyberlink

I left out an important word, i'll try again... "manually load up everything I've done in Roxio 10 and put it into my CyberLink equivalent"

Goodbye, Roxio

There are some specifics here that are not being addressed...

Project Files, such as the ones with dmsn dmsd,dmss and just about anything with a .dxxx are the ones that are not compatible between versions.

However, video files and pictures, jpg, mov, mpg, etc. are universal formats usable in nearly every editing/authoring program.

So it really comes down to what you mean by "...everything I've done in Roxio..." Give us the details and we can give you some really sound direction or suggestions.

FYI, the word 'upload' referees to loading a digital file to a location on the Internet. (download means getting one) What you meant is called Copy. -_-

Wow, knowing that, why would anyone use this software. I guess they are counting on people not knowing about this... Okay, I will take this as an opportunity to load up everything I've done in Roxio 10 and put it into my CyberLink equivalent...

Thanks for the info.

That would be your decision to make, not someone else's .