LeeJackson98

I Am Hetting Red 'no Signal' On Capture Software.

Question

13 answers to this question

Yes!

It mean that NO valid video signal is being input into the RGC Device...

So you need to tell us What you have hooked up and How.

i have the RGC connected to my xbox 360,TV and PC. I have followed the setup tutorial on how to setup the device but its just doing the same thing.

Ive previously had the devicxe working on the same xbox and TV but was just using a different computer.

You left out the HOW :lol:

Either HDMI or Component and as I recall the Xbox 360 requires the Component connection... Is that what you were using before?

How about posting a screen cap so we can see what is going on. Info HERE

Edited by Jim_Hardin
fixed wrong part

Thanks!

But this time something is different... The RGC Device is not seeing a valid signal from your Xbox 360 :huh:

So the problem is between the RGC Device and your Xbox 360. Try different HDMI cables and make sure they are stable and not swinging in the wind. In your Xbox settings make sure you have the Output set to a specific value and not left to 'auto sense'.

If you can try a different HDMI source, like a DVD or BD Player. (won't record but the Red No Signal should go away)

One thing at a time!

Did the Red No signal go away?

There were 3 suggestions, did you try all three? Any changes?

Red No Signal still means that no valid signal is reaching the device. The pass through, to the TV/Monitor, can still work but whatever the Xbox is sending the device is not correct. ~ the auto sensing I mentioned is a common culprit.

It is remotely possible that the device manager is at fault or corrupted... (don't think that will produce the RED no signal)

With the device plugged in to your PC your Device Manager must show this:

post-39730-0-37312800-1507563164_thumb.jpg

or

post-39730-0-40406500-1507563175_thumb.jpg

No other errors should be anywhere in the device manager especially one called TRANSCODER!

Did you really connected a DVD or BD Player (with a Disc playing) into the RGC unit ? Just double checking.