• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bs2000atsf

bs2000atsf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 04:29 PM

Soon as of late with windows preview I can no longer install updated due to an app. Well if I upgrade from a disk it shows me it's because of Easy CD creator. I haven't had that program installed in years and no add/remove not even Revo sees it. I went through all files and folders looking for roxio and even regedit.

What am I missing to get this program out of the computer for good.

#2 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,049 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:26 PM

What version of Easy CD Creator did you once have installed?

What operating system are you running now?

What update(s) are you trying to install?

What do you mean by "upgrade from a disk"?

What is the exact error message you're getting from Windows Update, which points at Easy CD Creator? (a screen shot would be useful)

-I'm thinking that if you and Revo can't see a Creator installation, it might be that you still have an old driver in your system which needs to be identified and removed - but I can't tell without those questions answered, especially the first and last one if you don't mind.

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#3 bs2000atsf

bs2000atsf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:02 AM

I have had multiple versions installed over the years,  the last version was nxt (first version)    The version on windows is windows 10 Preview 16296 Fall Update.

windows update just throws an error code. If I burn the windows upgrade iso to disk and run it, that is when it tells me Easy CD creator needs to be uninstalled manually. 

#4 Brendon

Brendon

Digiital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,380,049 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:41 AM

I have had multiple versions installed over the years,  the last version was nxt (first version)    The version on windows is windows 10 Preview 16296 Fall Update.

windows update just throws an error code. If I burn the windows upgrade iso to disk and run it, that is when it tells me Easy CD creator needs to be uninstalled manually. 

What is the exact error message you're getting from your Windows Upgrade, which points at Easy CD Creator? (a screen shot would be useful)

I thought the "Fall Update" was due out today, not 5 days ago when you started this topic? Could you be having problems with one of the Windows Insider builds?  In any case, the exact error message is needed if we're to get a handle on this.

Regards,

Brendon

Assorted computers in Windows XP, 7, and 10.

[This space unexpectedly left blank]

#5 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,023 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:24 AM

https://www.microsof...indows/features

Is this the one ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users