AtlanticVideography

Nxt 6 Is Not Working

Question

I bought the new Creator NXT 6. Can someone please tell me when there will be an update to fix many of the issues I am having? Screen capture still does not work, and there are various problems with video wave. When I am editing video, the audio somehow gets corrupted... not to mention, the new tracking feature doesn't work (and is way too basic to even be usefull).

Overall, I am really disappointed & am thinking about getting a refund or disputing the charge. I now have to go through the process of uninstalling & reinstalling NXT 5 (or making the switch to something like Adobe Premiere Pro).

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, why are there no forum topics for NTX 6?

Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model h9-1215t
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 24.0 GB

24 answers to this question

The forum for NXT 6 is coming soon. In the meantime, just continue to post here and your posts will be moved when the new forum is available.

I just tried and screen capture did work. As for the other issues, You have to be more specific. If you can be more specific, I will try to see of I can duplicate them. There will be updates when enough people have the issues and they cannot be fixed any other way.

One major difference is you are using Windows 7 and I'm using the latest version of Windows 10. There may be some issues there. Did you install the program with your antivirus and any registry cleaners active. That is a bad idea and can lead to many problems.

If the program doesn't work for you because it is too basic, by all means return it, You have 30 days from the date of purchase.

Edited by sknis

"Can someone please tell me when there will be an update to fix many of the issues I am having?"

FYI

Roxio/Corel has not had an updates since Creator11, which is 6 versions ago

The forum for NXT 6 is coming soon. In the meantime, just continue to post here and your posts will be moved when the new forum is available.

I just tried and screen capture did work. As for the other issues, You have to be more specific. If you can be more specific, I will try to see of I can duplicate them. There will be updates when enough people have the issues and they cannot be fixed any other way.

One major difference is you are using Windows 7 and I'm using the latest version of Windows 10. There may be some issues there. Did you install the program with your antivirus and any registry cleaners active. That is a bad idea and can lead to many problems.

If the program doesn't work for you because it is to basic, by all means return it, You have 30 days from the date of purchase.

Thank you. I may have to seek a refund since I can't edit a video longer than 7 minutes with NXT 6 (or the audio gets corrupted).

My biggest concern right now is that when I get to about 7 minutes into editing a video, the entire audio (at that point and beyond) becomes corrupted.

For example, I am trying to edit a 19 minute video right now. As soon as my production gets to 7 minutes in length, the audio goes bad... I happen to be on PANEL 18 (storyline).

Apparently, I have to keep my production to less than 7 minutes or the audio gets corrupted. I don't know how to fix this.

Edited by AtlanticVideography

"Can someone please tell me when there will be an update to fix many of the issues I am having?"

FYI

Roxio/Corel has not had an updates since Creator11, which is 6 versions ago

I mean click on Help ---> Check For Updates... I got one or two updates to NXT 5 this way.

Is anyone else having audio issues in NXT 6 while editing video with Video Wave?

I loaded another video and same thing keeps happening... I make several edits and about at seven minutes into my video production, the audio becomes corrupted.

Is anyone else having audio issues in NXT 6 while editing video with Video Wave?

I loaded another video and same thing keeps happening... I make several edits and about at seven minutes into my video production, the audio becomes corrupted.

What happens if you add an unedited video? Is it ok at 7 minutes?

Why not try a Repair install (it doesn't count as one of the limited installs) with the AV and any Reg Cleaners off.

Defrag your HDD too even though Windows will swear to you it doesn't need it :D (Don't do that is you are running an SSD drive)

Reboot and try editing a NEW Project and use a New Video.

But keep your 30 day refund period in mind to make sure you get it in before it expires. Shouldn't have to dispute anything, Roxio has been good at refunds -_-

What are you seeing in the timeline audio track both with your raw video and with the video that has been processed? Remember to turn on that track and the "Edit Volume Envelope..."

What happens if you add an unedited video? Is it ok at 7 minutes?

i listened to the audio of my clip (outside of Roxio) and there are no issues... it seems that when i load the clip into Roxio (videowave) the audio gets corrupted at about 7 minutes if i make edits... if i am just playing the unedited clip in videowave, the audio becomes corrupt at about 12:40. this is without me doing anything.

Why not try a Repair install (it doesn't count as one of the limited installs) with the AV and any Reg Cleaners off.

Defrag your HDD too even though Windows will swear to you it doesn't need it :D (Don't do that is you are running an SSD drive)

Reboot and try editing a NEW Project and use a New Video.

But keep your 30 day refund period in mind to make sure you get it in before it expires. Shouldn't have to dispute anything, Roxio has been good at refunds -_-

How many installs am I allowed? I didn't know they are limited. Come to think of it, the initial NXT 6 install failed. I had to try a 2nd attempt to get it to install, and downloading it now seems like a bad decision... I should've bought the retail version on disc, like I did with NXT 5.

I'm not sure if it counted twice to install since technically it failed to complete the install on my 1st attempt.

I will attempt a defrag & repair install & will make sure Norton is disabled. Hopefully, they will allow me to even attempt a repair install. Where does it say limited install attempts?

What are you seeing in the timeline audio track both with your raw video and with the video that has been processed? Remember to turn on that track and the "Edit Volume Envelope..."

Yes, I don't see anything unusual in the timeline audio track. The sound/audio simply becomes corrupted... I also tried to save and then export, but no luck.. the audio still is corrupted. Will try the defrag/repair install & go from there.

FYI: There is no option to do a repair install. It is prompting me to UNINSTALL.

Woops... nevermind.. i found the repair option. thnx

Edited by AtlanticVideography

[fingers_crossed] :D [/fingers]

Repair Install is complete, but it's still not working.

Each video clip I try in each new production... same thing happens: the audio becomes corrupted...

Any suggestions? Should I try to re-install not using the repair install option?

How many installs am I allowed? I didn't know they are limited. Come to think of it, the initial NXT 6 install failed. I had to try a 2nd attempt to get it to install, and downloading it now seems like a bad decision... I should've bought the retail version on disc, like I did with NXT 5.

I'm not sure if it counted twice to install since technically it failed to complete the install on my 1st attempt.

I will attempt a defrag & repair install & will make sure Norton is disabled. Hopefully, they will allow me to even attempt a repair install. Where does it say limited install attempts?

Hello,

Corel started limiting the number of installs you can do with your key when Creator NXT was released. It was not announced, but customers who were having install problems suddenly started getting "key used too many times" errors.

Roxio Technical Support can reset your key when this happens, if you can get hold of them through their Support page. (link)

You can check how many activations have been deducted from your key by examining your latest install log. Here's how to do that.

-Install logs in my Windows 10 are found at C:\ProgramData\Roxio Log Files\Roxio Creator NXT Pro 6\ . They should be at a similar location for Roxio Creator NXT 6 (for the standard version), and it shouldn't be very different for Windows 7 or Windows 8.

-in that folder you should find subfolders named after the fate and time of your installs, like this

post-208-0-85754100-1508099208_thumb.jpg

-go to the sub-folder with the time/date of your latest install, and open ROXIO_SETUP.LOG in Notepad.

-search for Install Count, and you should find something like this

10/10/17 21:31:56 - Install Count: 2

10/10/17 21:31:56 - Install Left: 18

10/10/17 21:31:56 - Install Resets: 0

10/10/17 21:31:56 - Validation completed successfully

I hope this answers those questions.

Regards,

Brendon

We need to see a little more detail as Steve suggested...

Right click a clip in VideoWave and select Edit - Native Audio:

post-39730-0-20946700-1508154171_thumb.jpg

Note in mine how the audio abruptly stops around the 10:00 minute mark:

post-39730-0-67968700-1508154172_thumb.jpg

There are zoom controls at the top you may need to use see the waveform. Long videos tend to look like a flat line till you zoom :P

If the new file added looks ok, play with it a bit and go back to edit audio to see if it corrupts.

We need to see a little more detail as Steve suggested...

Right click a clip in VideoWave and select Edit - Native Audio:

attachicon.gifVW Audio Edit 1.jpg

Note in mine how the audio abruptly stops around the 10:00 minute mark:

attachicon.gifVW Audio Edit 2.jpg

There are zoom controls at the top you may need to use see the waveform. Long videos tend to look like a flat line till you zoom :P

If the new file added looks ok, play with it a bit and go back to edit audio to see if it corrupts.

Thanks, but I'm just not having any luck. The audio when using video wave in NXT 6 seems to just become corrupted without any explanation.

I've attached zoomed in screen captures of normal & corrupted audio.

post-51943-0-95713500-1508165528_thumb.jpg

post-51943-0-59345700-1508165545_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Corel started limiting the number of installs you can do with your key when Creator NXT was released. It was not announced, but customers who were having install problems suddenly started getting "key used too many times" errors.

Roxio Technical Support can reset your key when this happens, if you can get hold of them through their Support page. (link)

You can check how many activations have been deducted from your key by examining your latest install log. Here's how to do that.

-Install logs in my Windows 10 are found at C:\ProgramData\Roxio Log Files\Roxio Creator NXT Pro 6\ . They should be at a similar location for Roxio Creator NXT 6 (for the standard version), and it shouldn't be very different for Windows 7 or Windows 8.

-in that folder you should find subfolders named after the fate and time of your installs, like this

attachicon.gifdates.jpg

-go to the sub-folder with the time/date of your latest install, and open ROXIO_SETUP.LOG in Notepad.

Regards,

Brendon

Thank you. I called the cust svc number yesterday 877-582-6735 & spoke to someone in India who suggested that I uninstall NXT 6 from ---> control panel ----> uninstall programs.

I went ahead and uninstalled everything that is Corel & Roxio NXT 6 related & then reinstalled NXT 6 w/Norton disabled, & then rebooted, etc.

It did not solve the problem. I cannot use NXT 6 with corrupted audio in each production.

Cust Svc said I need to go to findmyorder.com & submit for refund there... and then when I reinstall my copy of NXT 5, I may need to get a technician if my key code won't work (they will have to change it in the computer - something like that)...

I'm extremely disappointed with NXT 6.

Who wouldn't be disappointed with that results!

Frankly I have never see a sound wave pattern like you show. I wonder if you have taken any known clean sources, like the Windows video Samples and tried them? (search for wildlife)

Maybe that is something you want to try while you are working on the refund.

If it works ok, there are some other things we can try ;)

Who wouldn't be disappointed with that results!

Frankly I have never see a sound wave pattern like you show. I wonder if you have taken any known clean sources, like the Windows video Samples and tried them? (search for wildlife)

Maybe that is something you want to try while you are working on the refund.

If it works ok, there are some other things we can try ;)

Thanks, yes very frustrating. I submitted my "letter of destruction" (for the refund) - so, all traces of NXT 6 have been removed from my PC.

I'm about to reinstall my retail copy of NXT 5 & hoping it goes smooth.

Hello,

attachicon.gifdates.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Saayyyy whaaaaaattttt! 20 installs in high. But really. So, we can only 'Repair' 19 times before Corel's wisdom decides it just too much trouble.

Yes, we can have them reset it. Maybe I need to rethink my future NXT6 purchase.

Repair is not an install. You can repair as many times as you have patience. Installs are for crashed har drives or moving to a new computer. The limits are the so that unscrupulous people don't see it to all their friends (or on eBay ;) ).