BigWI

Dvd To Memory Sticks

Question

I currently have NXT Pro 3 and was wondering if version 6 would allow me to copy (non commercial) DVD's to memory sticks and play them?

TIA

10 answers to this question

Play them where? On a TV, on your computer? More information on exactly what you want to do

If your (non commercial) DVDs are unprotected, you can use Windows Explorer (File Explorer in Win 10) to copy the VIDEO_TS folder from your DVD onto a USB drive without needing special Roxio software for the copy process.

If you re-name the VIDEO_TS folder to something else, you can put more than one DVD onto your pendrive.

How you play the movie(s) on a television set will depend on the age and type of your tv set.

You can play the movie(s) on your computer using the regular free VLC Media Player which plays all your other video clips.

Play them where? On a TV, on your computer? More information on exactly what you want to do

Both/either

If your (non commercial) DVDs are unprotected, you can use Windows Explorer (File Explorer in Win 10) to copy the VIDEO_TS folder from your DVD onto a USB drive without needing special Roxio software for the copy process.

If you re-name the VIDEO_TS folder to something else, you can put more than one DVD onto your pendrive.

How you play the movie(s) on a television set will depend on the age and type of your tv set.

You can play the movie(s) on your computer using the regular free VLC Media Player which plays all your other video clips.

I want to be able to share these with friends, and don't want to have them have to load special software.

Will try that on my TV this afternoon.

Thanks

Yes, memory stick, flash drive, thumb drive

I coach baseball and take videos of my players and have DVD's of older players pitching. I would like to copy these DVD's and give them to my coaches/parents to use as references.

Need to be able to play them on either TV or computer.

Maybe convert them to MP4?

Thanks everyone, I took Brendon's suggestion and slightly modified it.

I was able to drag the TS file into my Roxio NXT and convert it to a MP4 file which should do what I need it to do.

Thanks everyone, I took Brendon's suggestion and slightly modified it.

I was able to drag the TS file into my Roxio NXT and convert it to a MP4 file which should do what I need it to do.

Thanks for the feedback.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:47 AM, BigWI said:

I want to be able to share these with friends, and don't want to have them have to load special software.

Will try that on my TV this afternoon.

Thanks

if you want people to be able to view them with out any software installs, you'll need to produce them in MP4 or Flash or Java programs that are built into most windows versions. as mentioned earlier once produced they can be just copied to USB Drives. Burning is only needed for CD or DVD.  We used to be able to do this with  ROXIO I haven't been able to use the NXT program since I've upgraded to windows 10 so I have no idea what the program is capable of currently.

Edited by Brendon
De-cluttering double quote