ddh

Cross Fading Overlap

Question

I don't know if this is posted in the correct area, I did know know where to post it.

I have Roxio Craetor NXT Pro (Build 140B36A) (I don't know what other information to provide for you)

Windows 7.

My question - (1) - Create DVDs, (2) . DVD (3). Add Sideshow (4) Add Background Audio

(5) Add Audio Track (several songs) (6) Cross fade Tracks - sec. overlap

I have inserted 1 second in the box but it does not work. It will take up to 5 seconds or more to go to the next song.

Does anybody know why this happens?

Thank you for your help.

15 answers to this question

Aren't you working in VideoWave (edit video advanced)???

Can you provide a screen cap or 2 of this project so we can see what you are up to? Info on posting pics, HERE

post-124476-0-12584400-1509712957_thumb.jpgpost-124476-0-25535600-1509712992_thumb.jpgpost-124476-0-37472800-1509713024_thumb.jpgpost-124476-0-19599800-1509713047_thumb.jpgpost-124476-0-21692900-1509713075_thumb.jpgJim_Hardin - Thank you for your reply. I don't think I have VideoWave.

I have attached the Jpg as you requested.

1. Create DVD Screen (Click on "Create DVD" (Joyce-45 jpg)

2 Open Last Project (Joyce-46 jpg)

3. Project (Open Class Photos) (Joyce-47 jpg)

4. Class Photos (Open Add Background Audio) (Joyce-48 jpg)

5. Add Audio Track (Crossfade Tracks) (Joyce-49a jpg)

I would check the Crossfade Box after I have two songs on it, I have also tried to check the Crossfade box after I had all of the songs added.

The first song would work but then the second song would take more then the one second that wa set.

Thank you for your help

Edited by ddh

Quick question - Did you listen or look at the wav file for the music. Are there any built in gaps that may show up. Use Sound Editor function in the suite.

What happens if you put in a larger gap - like 3 seconds? What happens if you uncheck cross fade?

Edited by sknis

Skni - Thank you for your reply. No I have not tried any of your suggestions.

I will try them and let you know what happens, I never thought of your ideas.

Thank you for your help.

Skn - I just unchecked the box and it had no time in between the first and second song, but between the second and third song there was a gap of five or more seconds. I will also check out the wav file to see if there is dead air before it starts.

I will also set the box to 3 seconds and see what happens.

Thank you for your help.

Sknis - I just set it up for three seconds and it took longer then with the box not checked.

I check out the wav files and they start on the song as soon as I click the file.

I don't understand why it works for the gap between the first and second song but not between the second and third?

I guess it is no big deal that it does not start on the next song at once, it plays them and that is good enough.

The dead air is not that long of a time, it is only seconds not minutes.

Thank you for your help

There may be a gap, or silence at the END of the second song and the begining of the 3rd. That silence is still part of the song and VW is going to treat it as such ;)

This is not an area that I know a lot about :unsure:

I have one other question.

I would assume that the new Creator NXT Pro 6 has more then my Roxio Creator NXT Pro, Version 14.0.36.0;5.0.0

to upgrade.

1. What is better then I have in your opinion, I read the web site information?

2. Would you buy the new if you had what I have now?

3. Would all of my old files that I created run on the new version?

4. I like what I have and I think it works fine but would the new version be that much better?

5. Are there any questions that I should ask that I did not know to ask and what would be their answers?

Thank you for all of your help and knowledge.

1) NXT is better if you are burning DVD because My DVD has been simplified (read- screwed up)

2) No

3) Probably not.

4) Redundant

5) How high is the moon -- Sorry ;) Are you into mulitcam or converting 360 video to standard?

Many of us believe that the old Creator 2012 was the best one. It is supposed to be non-compatible with Windows 10 but many people run it just fine. If you are happy with what you have, keep it.

Note: I edited this to comment on the best version.

Edited by sknis

sknis - Thank you for your reply.

I think that since my old files would not run on the new version then that is the best reason not to buy it.

I had to upgrade to the one that I have now because I bought a new video camera and the old version did not have the ability to use the new camera files, that was the only reason I bought what I have now.

I am sorry I did not know what mulitcam was so I goggled it and it could not find it, so I I don't know.

I also have never converting 360 video to standard, I goggled it also it it said standard 640 X 360 and 640 X 480 for video and I have never done that either.

I also goggle the moons height and it is 225,623 miles (joke)

Thank you very much for your expert advice and insight and taking the time to talk to me.

Edited by ddh

One of the early promises of DVD was the ability to view from different camera angles... Other than a demo disc, I don't recall any commercial movie that actually had that 'feature'. :lol:

But NXT 5 & 6 have a multi-camera editor built into VideoWave:

(This is snapped from NXT 5 but you get the idea)

post-39730-0-57917200-1509796222_thumb.jpg

Haven't played with this enough to know what I am doing :P

One of the early promises of DVD was the ability to view from different camera angles... Other than a demo disc, I don't recall any commercial movie that actually had that 'feature'.

The viewer-selectable multi-angle feature is often used for alternate language title cards and credits, so mostly ‘hidden’ behind a language selection. Disney/Pixar has done that many times. Even with the Star Wars crawl. Even in-movie texts, like a book or a letter.

I’ve seen several concert movies that used the multi-angle as originally envisioned. U2, Phil Collins, Genesis, Eurythmics, The Who, Nine Inch Nails, Melissa Etheridge, King Crimson, Pet Shop Boys, Metallica.

The Die Hard DVD is reported to have it as a gimmick on some scenes.

Apollo 13 DVD is said to have multi-angles on e.g. the launch scene.

Some sports collection DVDs have the feature, as several cameras have captures the same action.

Ghostbusters has used it to show a few scenes without f/x.

Spider-Man 2 has used it on e.g. the harbor scene.

Behind-the-scenes/Making-of/Documentary extras do sometimes have the option for multi-angle. e.g. Planet Of The Apes (remake).

​And there is a whole genre of movies that likes to pioneer with the possibilities …

But most directors just want to show their vision, and thus their chosen angles. And most viewers want just to watch without too much interacting, most of the time.

• Like 1

Thanks.

I never touch the button anymore, given the lack of support for it, I just don't even think it is there :lol:

As there are separate buttons for subtitles and view, I would have to question your suggestion that camera angle is used for that function... There are specific subtitle files that are used for subtitles but Roxio has never supported the .srt files :(

This is a sample of one I made with a different editor:

post-39730-0-29970800-1509881883_thumb.jpg

With VideoWave you can get close to subtitles using the Text overlay but you cannot turn it on or off as it is not an .srt file.