Sign in to follow this  
Maurice Kelly

Did I Miss Something ?

Question

I have used Toast 12, 15 with the BluRay plugin and now just purchased 16 Pro to burn BluRay...for only one reason and this update didn't fix it...

I use the latest version of Final Cut Pro and use the chapter marker function to place markers on my timeline...This function works perfectly when I burn a DVD and they line up...however, when I burn the high def files to BluRay, two things strange happen...First, the markers NEVER line up and secondly, there are many more chapter markers than I initially created. When burning either DVD or BluRay, I leave the button on Auto and again, it works fine as a DVD...but BluRay is simply a mess !!!

Finally, it says it puts the titles underneath the chapter images but I have never gotten that to work.

To be honest, I have yet to find any software that looks as elegant as the original Mac DVD burning software but of course Apple abandoned all of that long ago and I have been searching for a third party solution that looks that good for years now.

Like I originally said....Am I missing something or doing something wrong as I am tired of this software not delivering what it promises !

Obviously, I wasted my money on the upgrade and will never upgrade again after already doing it twice.

1 answer to this question

The Toast manual mentions iMovie chapter markers, not FCP chapter markers. I’m not sure if there is any difference, though.

I don’t know where it says it puts the titles underneath the chapter images. I haven never read that; I have never seen Toast do it. Some styles (not all) may number the chapters. Chapter names are not used in the menu, not in current or previous versions of Toast. Same for MyDVD.

Not sure why your BD chapters behaves differently from DVD chapters.

When Apple wanted to publish a DVD creating app, they bought an external solution (Astarte's DVDirector) in 2000, and that’s how the then-best Mac authoring app got removed from the market. With DSP gone, it really left a void. Some people claimed they had DSP working up to Sierra, tho'.