Sign in to follow this  
Swag_Nasty

Clicking Capture Causes It To Hang At Not Responding New 2017 Computer

Question

Got myself a cool Alienware Threadripper , I had a core2duo windows 7 and I was using this product successfully.

Now I have a ThreadRipper with a 1080 TI Windows 10 Pro and it hangs at capture.

When I installed it it kept telling me to update the program and restart my computer , I did until it stopped asking to update.

The pass through works because I have the same setup I had with my old computer and I plug the device into the computer and it displays on my TV like it always did and does.

But the capture just won't work. It hangs.

I did try compatibility XP to 8 but it still hangs at capture.

So now what ?

Edited by Swag_Nasty

4 answers to this question

So I tried OBS and it works , video and sound , unfortunately it's choppy , looking through google that seems to be a big complaint for OBS.

There are even youtube videos on the subject. So anyway it all works. I just need this Roxio software to work.

Compatibility Mode in Windows was for older MicroSoft Software to work in newer OS's... It was never intended to be compatible with other software and the results are erratic at best!

Let's start from scratch:

Unplug your RGC Device and put it aside until you are completely finished.

Download the SP2 update for Game Capture HD. (don't run it for now, just download)

Download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Run the SP2 update (it is the full software package)

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot.

Let us know how that works ;)

Yea it doesn't work , it just hangs , I did it like you said , deleted my anti virus removed the firewall , it hangs at capture.

GamerCap works great. I could also install 7 again I guess. GamerCap is the best one I've tried. OBS and Xsplit were choppy.

So anyway Roxio doesn't work. I also tried just the main program off the CD and it hangs at capture.