kana48

MyDVD in the Roxio Creator NXT Pro 6

Question

Hi guys,

I would like to purchase the ROXIO NXT pro 6 to update my ROXIO NXT 3 pro (very satisfied), but before to buy it, I would like to know if the MyDVD program presents in the ROXIO NXT pro 6, is like one presents in the ROXIO NXT 3 pro (see attached img.) because I do not want to change way to operate.  I accept any improvement, but not total change. I suppose, furthermore, that the ROXIO NXT 3 pro projects are compatible with the ROXIO NXT pro 6

Thanking in advance and have a nice day.

Giampaolo

MyDVD-RoxioNXTpro3.png

5 answers to this question

I would stay where I am if I had NXT 3! (that is what I did, but I have an image of NXT 6 on one pc so I can answer questions)

Hello again Giamopaolo,

Your NXT3 is the last version of NXT to have the "traditional" MyDVD program in it.  Starting with NXT4, a strange different new 'simplified' program was provided instead and called MyDVD.  Please see this thread for one discussion about the change.

In any event, although you can still use all the DVDs you made with earlier versions you won't be able to use NXT3's project files in a later version, and you'll find the 'new' Corel MyDVD doesn't have half the capabilities of your old Roxio version.

Thank you at all for kind replies.

I am sorry, but I will not buy any Roxio NT6. The MyDVD program in Roxio NT3 it is very powerfull than Roxio NT4-5-6 ones. I do not know why COREL has changed it. :angry:

May be due to copyright reason? :huh:

Have a nice sunday

Giampaolo

On 11/16/2017 at 12:16 PM, REDWAGON said:

Not really sure but I'm thinking that all of the DVD's made with ver. 3 won't be back word compatible

with ver. 6. Or I should say ver. 6 won't be back word compatible with ver. 3 I haven't made any DVD's

with ver. 3 so can't be sure.

Technical Language:

It is the Projects files that are not compatible.

DVD's that are physically burned are not effected.

Not really sure but I'm thinking that all of the DVD's made with ver. 3 won't be back word compatible

with ver. 6. Or I should say ver. 6 won't be back word compatible with ver. 3 I haven't made any DVD's

with ver. 3 so can't be sure.