electric perk

Mac Photos Application & Toast 16 Compatability

Question

In previous versions of Toast Titanium, 14, you weren’t able to drag and drop photos from the Photos application to the Toast context area. Are you able to do that in version Toast 16? If not is there a work around where you can get Photos from the application into the Toast?

Thank you for your time in helping me solve this issue.

Allan

3 answers to this question

Toast 16 has provisions for reading photos from iPhoto, but not for Photos.app. (Alternatively, Roxio could have developed a Share extension (possible since Yosemite!) for moving content between applications (i.e. from Photos to Toast), but alas, they didn’t.) As for now, it seems you have to Export a selection (make duplicates) in Photos and drag those files to Toast.

(User waitawhile had asked a similar question six weeks ago.)

I googled up “where photos files are stored on Mac OS X” and I found this.

http://osxdaily.com/2017/02/23/where-photos-files-located-mac/#comments

Im not sure yet as I haven tried but would this filepath also come up in titanium pro 16 browser/tree structure....better still with individual thumbnails so as to select/deselect copy drag to project area?

Im not sure my way I have been doing it is the correct way.....ie:I made folders in finder for the photos I have in photos app to go in and it’s very tedious having split screen and selecting individual photo/video from photos app and dragging it across to relevant folder in finder.I then would just add these folders to the project area.

So would that tedious task in essence mean...”copying?” And that shouldn’t affect what is left in my photos app?

I think you can left click on individual photo/video in photos app and click “open in other app>titanium pro” as import?

Would these files in the file path they are talking about in above link....would they be the “originals?”

J