RobPlacek

JPEG clarity in Roxio NXT Pro6 VideoWave

Question

When I insert a JPEG file I created into VideoWave the file gets blurry and is not nearly as sharp as when I view the same file in Window Photo Viewer or any other photo viewing software.  Is there a preferred setting/file type or file size I should be using?  Below is an example using the same JPEG.  The first photo is what it looks like in VideoWave and the second photo in Window Photo Viewer. I have tried different  files sizes (from 96 KB to 9,233 KB) and different file types (JPEG, TIFF, BMP) but nothing seems to work.  Any suggestions to correct this problem?

image.png.b63690d9ee62f6d88e27f1b2b3a4458b.pngimage.png.a7e0d4ce66703fd169912aae0f933321.png

8 answers to this question

Does it look blurry when it is exported to a rendered file and viewed?

What software do you actually have? The Version 6 where you posted never had VideoWave. VW started with Version 7.

Could you post an example of the picture files you are using on a sharing site so we can download and play with a copy of it? only need one or two -_-

I'm using Roxio Creator NXT Pro 6 per the screen shot below.  I don't have a sharing site to download a copy of this photo and I received a failed message if I try to attach it below.  Can I send it to you via email?

img.thumb.jpg.1ab51476ccb6cc26aa0f4d75ea3f9b53.jpg

Edited by Brendon
Safeguard product key

Sorry for butting in.  I saw this thread and had those questions.  I will now butt out.

I think I'm missing something here.  Remember that the image resolution is greater than any video unless you are going to 4K (or above).   You cannot compare the images from a photo viewer to an image taken from a video.

It looks like you are making a standard definition (720 by 480) video rather that a wide video - high definition.

cd is on the right track.  See his question above and your response.  Could you be more precise?

Also, previews are not the same as a finished video clarity.  Create a short video project with some images and output it to an ISO file.  Play the ISO file.  You may have to create a virtual drive.   Does it look better there ?

Edited by sknis

On 12/6/2017 at 5:41 AM, sknis said:

Sorry for butting in.  I saw this thread and had those questions.  I will now butt out.

I think I'm missing something here.  Remember that the image resolution is greater than any video unless you are going to 4K (or above).   You cannot compare the images from a photo viewer to an image taken from a video.

It looks like you are making a standard definition (720 by 480) video rather that a wide video - high definition.

cd is on the right track.  See his question above and your response.  Could you be more precise?

Also, previews are not the same as a finished video clarity.  Create a short video project with some images and output it to an ISO file.  Play the ISO file.  You may have to create a virtual drive.   Does it look better there ?

I'm not sure how to make a high definition video.  Can you point me in the right direction?    Also I did create an ISO file, but it was also very blurry.  I'm not familar with a virtual drive?

Do you have the BD plugin?

It is needed for a BD high definition video 1080 x 1920, and needs activated from the program main menu.

If you made a iso image file you need a virtual drive to view it, I use Elaborate Bytes Virtualclonedrive.

Email sent.