reble11

question about a Roxio prog

Question

In my 12 year old nephew's wanderings around the neighborhood with his friends. From time to time he finds things and brings them home. This time he found a CD marked "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE". This is a factory made cd with all the proper stuff on the label from Roxio.  Is this a newer or older prog then the  "Easy Creator 10" that I have?  I am just trying to figure out what to do with it.

Steve

Edited by reble11

4 answers to this question

"9" vs "10"...

"DE" means it was a bundled piece of software with reduced features issued by Dell Computer circa 2007.

Load that on your PC and you will probably have a Format C:/ for Christmas :lol:

As I recall you run Windows XP. If you Ebay or similar looking for Roxio Creator 2012 you will find it a full editing program that will better suit you needs. Make SURE that it has the Product Key with it and that it is returnable to the Seller.

Looking through your other Topic, I do not see you mention anywhere what Software you have? You have posted in the Red Box area so we assume that is what you have. The reason I ask is that other Roxio software have VideoWave (full featured editor) which the Red Box does not have.

Steve,

What actually is the "Easy Creator 10" that you're running?  Is it Easy Media Creator 10, or Easy CD and DVD Burning v.10?

You've been posting  in the Easy CD & DVD burning forum, but I think you have the full Easy Media Creator and there's a lot of difference between them.

Can you clarify, please?

1st off I have my Dell Inspiron 15-3541 laptop OS Win7 Home 32bit back. It is a much better laptop then the old Toshiba Satellite M60 laptop. I use the Toshiba Satellite M60 laptop to play the DVD movies at our display table. It is still good for that. Yes I have  Easy Media Creator 10 with Videowave. It has served me well for a long time. I am one of those that believes in   "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" and I don't prescribe to keeping up with the Jones ether.

Jim I was just curious about the "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE" I have no plains of using it.  I plain to keep on using Easy Media Creator 10 as long as it does the job that I need it to do. And the cd doesn't go bad. That whole stack of cd's that PJ found on the street is for a Dell Inspiron laptop that is about 3 years older then the Dell laptop that I am typing on now.

Thanks Steve,

The "Roxio Creator & MyDVD 9.0 DE" is an OEM (reduced ability) version of Easy Media Creator 9.  If you're worried about your EMC 10 CD going bad, use the program to copy the CD to a disc image (ISO) and store that somewhere along with the CD key.  Then you're set, no matter if the CD gets stood on you can always burn a fresh one.

Brendon