amerkincynic

bluetooth crashing toast

Question

Curious question.   If I try to connect to a Bluetooth device while burning a disc, Toast crashes.  And then refuses to allow the user to eject the bad burned disc from the disc drive without doing a restart.   It doesn't seem to have an issue if you start the Bluetooth device first, and then burn a disc. ( unless you have to reconnect )   Short of not using Bluetooth devices, any suggestions how to keep Toast from crashing?

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, amerkincynic said:

Curious question.   If I try to connect to a Bluetooth device while burning a disc, Toast crashes.  And then refuses to allow the user to eject the bad burned disc from the disc drive without doing a restart.   It doesn't seem to have an issue if you start the Bluetooth device first, and then burn a disc. ( unless you have to reconnect )   Short of not using Bluetooth devices, any suggestions how to keep Toast from crashing?

I don't have a Mac, but why not leave everything alone when you are burning a disc?  In short, don't do anything until the burn is done!

I’m pretty sure Toast itself doesn’t do anything with Bluetooth, so the interruption must happen on a different level. I’ve known that Bluetooth may perhaps interfere with Wi-Fi, but even that shouldn’t bother Toast. 

A crash while burning may keep the drive in a ‘busy’ state, refusing to eject discs or listen to any command. This could happen with any app that communicates actively with the optical drive.

What Mac model, what Bluetooth version, what Bluetooth device, what optical drive (brand/internal/external/connection type)?