4 replies to this topic

#1 cyannah

cyannah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:13 AM

Yes, I do have 2.0  :)

The link inside the program doesn't take me anywhere.

On the website, when I try the download button, it takes me to the login screen.
So I log in.
Then go to the updates page and use the download button.
Which then takes me back to the login screen.

There's no way to update from MacUpdate either.

Suggestions?

#2 John at Roxio

John at Roxio

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:02 AM

Generally these type of problems have to do with the use of net barrier or another firewall applcation.  Somtimes antivirus apps can cause problems to.  Try disabling thsee apps and then try the download again.

#3 cyannah

cyannah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 07:53 PM

View PostJohn at Roxio, on Nov 15 2006, 11:02 AM, said:

Generally these type of problems have to do with the use of net barrier or another firewall applcation.  Somtimes antivirus apps can cause problems to.  Try disabling thsee apps and then try the download again.

John, you're right! I turned off every feature of Net Barrier and the downloads worked.

First, I gave up on Popcorn 2 for the time being.

Now that Toast has been updated, I had the same problem. So I came to the forum to see if my thread had been answered. Lo and behold!

Thank you very much.

P.S. Someone has posted with the same problem on the Toast forum.

#4 djparker

djparker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2007 - 09:32 AM

QUOTE (John at Roxio @ Nov 15 2006, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,
I too am having trouble downloading the 2.0.1 Popcorn 2 update. I log in, go to the download page and attempt the download. 3 out of 5 times I received an invalid URL error message. When I do get connected to the download site, it only downloads 18.8 KB out of 22.x MB. I have disabled every security item on my computer, rebooted and logged back in and attempted downloading again to no avail. I had this problem with Toast Titanium 7.0.1 and 8.0.1 as well, but disabling all my security, (firewall/virus) I finally after over 15 attempts, was able to get Toast Titanium 8.0.1 to download and install.

I update/upgrade applications on a weekly basis and Roxio is the only one that requires me to jump though these hoops. Is there another location I can download the Popcorn 2.0.1 (and any future Popcorn and Toast updates) without having to expose my computer to the entire world?

Your assistance will be appreciated.
djparker

#5 breakawayglass

breakawayglass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (cyannah @ Nov 20 2006, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
John, you're right! I turned off every feature of Net Barrier and the downloads worked.

First, I gave up on Popcorn 2 for the time being.

Now that Toast has been updated, I had the same problem. So I came to the forum to see if my thread had been answered. Lo and behold!

Thank you very much.

P.S. Someone has posted with the same problem on the Toast forum.

Just a note for all NetBarrier users:  All you have to turn off is the Hide Information in the Surf section within the Privacy Tab screen.  Just allow it to show (uncheck) the computer and browser, and the last website visited.  You DO NOT Have to Expose Your whole system and all private info! biggrin.gif

The glass is not half full or half empty: the glass is only in your mind...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users