• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 49 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
dackman

Blu-ray error

Question

I have Toast 16 Pro and am wanting to burn a blu-ray for the first time. I select Blu-ray Video and it says Enable Blu-ray authoring ... would you like to enable this feature now? I click 'OK' and it says 'There was an unknown error. Would you like to try again?' That's as far as I can get. I'm on High Sierra 10.13.2.

5 answers to this question

9 hours ago, dackman said:

I have Toast 16 Pro and am wanting to burn a blu-ray for the first time. I select Blu-ray Video and it says Enable Blu-ray authoring ... would you like to enable this feature now? I click 'OK' and it says 'There was an unknown error. Would you like to try again?' That's as far as I can get. I'm on High Sierra 10.13.2.

The software may want to verify the “High-Def/Blu-ray Disc Plug-in” online. Is your internet connection active at that time, allowing contacting roxio.com and/or corel.com? This is different from previous versions.

Hmmm, I had something similar going on. The plugin I already owned from Toast 11 I think did not work. Then I got a new Toast 16 one as a freebie in a bundle somewhere and that one does work. Weird, because it looks like they are exactly the same. Still, that's what happened.

The ‘plugin’ is the same for v11–v16. It doesn’t add to Toast, but unlocks an ability in the main app (Toast Titanium/MyDVD). The same ‘plugin’ can work slightly differently in subsequent versions. v16 added manually enabling it and an online check. Hence my advice to dackman. 

• Like 1

Waw, thanks: I discovered the "unlock" option and suddenly I can write/edit BluRay discs with Toast Pro 16 Pro. No mention of this in the "manual". In fact, no manual was delivered with the software and I could'nt find one online either. The most recent manual I could find is for Toast 14.

6 hours ago, Johan Morris said:

In fact, no manual was delivered with the software and I could'nt find one online either. The most recent manual I could find is for Toast 14.

The Help menu provides access to manuals. Toast Titanium redirects this to a webpage with links to PDFs. MyDVD has the PDF manual internally and that will open directly in Preview (if that is your default PDF application).