maligold6

Unable to copy, due to Scratched Disk

Question

Hello:

By Easy Media Center 10 Suit, I attempted to copy of the recent football game, however I can not complete the task, .... saying, finger print, dust or scratched on the disk.  That happened almost at the end of the task/copy.

I've been doing/copying all of ballgames without any issues. 

Is that 'defective disk?'  In that case, it's manufacture's fault. 

I would like to copy it to another disk, as much as possible.

Is there a way for me to enable to copy by using Roxio?

Thanks for any help on this issue in advance.

4 answers to this question

By, "Easy Media Center 10 Suite", do you mean "Windows Media Center 10"?  

And when you say, copy, what are you copying from?  Is this ballgame already on a DVD disc?  If so, can you copy what's on the DVD to your hard drive without a problem?  If so, then try writing from what you copied to your HD to another disc and see if that works.  If it doesn't copy properly, you may need to use a disc recovery/copy application like ISO Buster, or something similar.

Or is the ball game already on your hard drive, and you're trying to write from the Hard Drive to a DVD disc?  If so, then I would suggest you try again and make sure there is no dirt/dust/scratches on the new disc.

Let us know.

Thanks for the response.  I really appreciate it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If it doesn't copy properly, you may need to use a disc recovery/copy application like ISO Buster, or something similar

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I purchased ISOBuster, because Roxio not able to read due to scratched caused by apparently manufactured.

Problem is I got stuck not able to copy to DVD, although scratched disk/DVD-R got recovered by IsoBuster. I read its instruction, however I still not able to get it.

I really appreciate it if you could help me to guide IsoBuster procedure.

Screenshot is as is,

Thanks,

IsoBuster Screenshot.doc

I'm not an ISOBuster expert.  From your screen shot, you can see that there were problems reading that one section of the disc, so it created multiple .VOB files.  And it appears there was one section that it finally couldn't read  without error (with the red icon).  So, you'll have to look at the contents of the .VOB files it recovered.  If you make a copy of those files, and rename them from .VOB to .MPG, they should load and play okay in VideoWave.  But after saying that, I don't think VideoWave is part of the Red Box version of Easy CD and DVD Burning?  If it is, then you'll have to take all the segments recovered by ISO Buster and remaster the DVD.  If not, you'll need some more software.  

I'm hoping someone else may join in this conversation.  

Is this the software your running? " Red Box version of Easy CD and DVD Burning'?

Who made the  recent football game" DVD' your trying to copy?

Open the DVD disc in my computer like my example and post a screen shot please?

11.jpg.4264ad170daa731db9a5463bb92059f8.jpg

Edited by cdanteek