Jump to content
  • 0
Jer3784

Delayed Recording / Audio And Video Syncing

Question

Brand new Sager laptop.  It is running Windows 10 with 32GB of RAM, i7 Intel processor, and 1tb SSD.  I am having the same issue with this product as I did months ago on a different computer.

When clicking the record button, there is about a 2 second delay.  This causes either the audio to start on time and not the video, or the video to start on time and not the audio.  It ends up syncing up seconds into the recording.  

I take it this is an issue with the software?  If so, can Roxio provide information on software that is more accurate?

 

Thank You.

Edited by Jer3784

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

There is always some delay with any capture software made by anyone.

Start your recording, then start your source playing. Trim off the excess later.

Your Laptop seems capable, I have recorded with far worse :lol: Still I don't recall ever seeing a 2 second delay. More like a 1/2 second or so. Just make sure that capture software is the only thing that is running and that your SDD has plenty of free space. SSD's do their own form of defragging so never do that to yours!

Give that a try and let us know how you make out -_-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I do wonder if the capture is actually in sync, or still that slight bit off.  It looks to correct itself, but does it really do so?  It seems to me like a record delay would still start the audio and video at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
41 minutes ago, Jer3784 said:

I do wonder if the capture is actually in sync, or still that slight bit off.  It looks to correct itself, but does it really do so?  It seems to me like a record delay would still start the audio and video at the same time.

What is the make/model of your camcorder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 minutes ago, myguggi said:

What is the make/model of your camcorder?

I'm recording from VHS to the software, not camcorder .  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Before you start recording..... fast forward and rewind the tape completely to re-tension the spools. The beginning of the tape will usually have problems as thats the exposed end.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, ogdens said:

Before you start recording..... fast forward and rewind the tape completely to re-tension the spools. The beginning of the tape will usually have problems as thats the exposed end.

 

 

 

Good idea ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Jim_Hardin said:

 

Good idea ;)

I am also not recording full tapes.  Half the stuff being transferred is mid tape.

 

Is it best if I show examples of what I am talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I just recorded this old commercial.  Notice how the video starts at one point, and the audio a quick second later.  When I click record, nothing happens, then a second or two later the recording indicator pops up.  I'm assuming the video gets caught the exact second I press the record button, and the audio when the indicator says it's recording.

I do media archiving for an Australian rock band, so I have contact with other people that transfer VHS to PC conversions.  They never seem to have a problem with their devices, and are running on PCs with much older technology.

Maybe this just isn't a good product (?)  This is the second Roxio converter that I have gone through.  The first one I had to return, as it was overheating and creating bleeps in my audio.  

 

My Video.mpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It is more likely that your PC is where the issue lies... The device/software came out in 2008 and after nearly 10 years of use and improvements this issue has not come up before.

There have been complaints of audio sync issues and stops when 'noise' is on a tape but not a long delay in startup. I suspect these delays are due to lack of space on your SSD drive and/or trying to run too many other applications in the background. Capture is demanding beyond what you would expect.

I would like to see what your PC has in it. Steve's post HERE will give a good picture.

If you want to check something on your own, lend the software/capture device to someone else and have them try it. I am sorry you are having troubles with this but hang in there and we should be able to resolve it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The computer is only two months old.  The SSD has about 800 GB free.  And considering the converter (if I remember correctly) doesn't use up more than a GB of memory, even if I topped this thing out on an average 16GB RAM PC, it wouldn't even comes close to having to limit performance.

Here is the file you asked for.

DXFile.txt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Thanks for the file.

Near the end of the file it shows 10 different APPCRASH errors. EVD3 is cited once (AVCaptureDLL.dll) and AUDIODG.EXE 7 times.

There is a list of audio problems and solutions for Win 10 on MicroSoft's site, HERE Start with the one labeled 'Turn off Audio Enhancements'. Then insert your EVD3 disc as though you were going to install only pick Repair.

Then reboot and give a try.

Any thoughts toward trying it on another PC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 1/10/2018 at 12:47 PM, Jer3784 said:

I just recorded this old commercial.  Notice how the video starts at one point, and the audio a quick second later.  When I click record, nothing happens, then a second or two later the recording indicator pops up.  I'm assuming the video gets caught the exact second I press the record button, and the audio when the indicator says it's recording.

I do media archiving for an Australian rock band, so I have contact with other people that transfer VHS to PC conversions.  They never seem to have a problem with their devices, and are running on PCs with much older technology.

Maybe this just isn't a good product (?)  This is the second Roxio converter that I have gone through.  The first one I had to return, as it was overheating and creating bleeps in my audio.  

 

My Video.mpg

You should have the tape playing several seconds before the part you want to capture and you should also start capturing earlier. It takes a few seconds before the actual capture starts after pressing the "Start" button

I have been using the capture device several years and have never had the problem you are describing. The device always warms up when attached to the PC just like all other devices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, myguggi said:

You should have the tape playing several seconds before the part you want to capture and you should also start capturing earlier. It takes a few seconds before the actual capture starts after pressing the "Start" button

I have been using the capture device several years and have never had the problem you are describing. The device always warms up when attached to the PC just like all other devices.

So than this isn't an issue with my PC.  I used this device on 2 different computers, this one being the newest technology.  The same occurred.  I will also say that a lot of times when first turning on the VCR and software, the source gives a continuous popping noise.  The noise corrects itself after a few seconds (and never returns), but is quite odd. 

I guess the best is to do what you suggested, as I do a lot of audio work as well, and don't want to throw off settings.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×