Sign in to follow this  
Cindon

Totally Miffed!

Question

Totally miffed! I have NXT5, was upset when got it because of the My DVD was not as friendly, just make a video file & you are good but a PIA. And I don’t like the constraints that puts on you.

I did all the updates for Roxio as I installed on a new computer & the software from older versions to this is diminished tremendously. The backgrounds went from 125 to just 34. All overlays, & etc have been slashed. So ultimately we have been screwed out of using MyDVD & using what used to be awesome content. I PAID DEARLY FOR THAT CONTENT. Those of you who still have older versions need to go into the guts of Roxio & download on an external hard drive what is there before you do any updates or upgrades. I read Corel does all that but what a PIA to have to go there & it isn’t nearly as friendly to use. You screwed up Roxio! 

2 answers to this question

Cindon,

Have you installed the Content (about 230 MB) as well as the basic Program?  I'm running my NXT 5 right now on this machine in Windows 10, and MyDVD in there is showing me 97 Themes.

The updates to NXT 5 don't take away themes, so my guess is that you haven't installed the extra Content disc or download if you're only seeing a tiny selection of them.

If your program is installed in the default location and you navigate to C:\ProgramData\MyDVD\Content\DVD\16x9\Backgrounds for example, you should see  187 DMSM files in that folder - it's 2 per theme, give or take.

Please check your Content was installed, and get back to me.

You did not mention what version you had before NXT 5?

Yes NXT 4, 5 & 6 have been a disappointment :mellow:

But consider that menu stuff is all that is missing. I remember many movies that I have watched in great detail. But I don't remember any of the menus that came with them :blink: Maximum effort should be in the Production, not the Menu ;) (my opinion)

I see Brendon explained themes issue since I started this. Hope that is helpful to you.