edbeta

64 Bits Support Needed Soon !

Question

Apple macOS will start to warn you about your apps need to go 64bits  in macOS 10.13.4 and drop full support on macOS 10.14.0 when or will Roxio Corel Update Toast Pro !

5 answers to this question

Tomorrow at midnight PT, Apple will begin issuing an alert box when you open a 32-bit app in MacOS 10.13.4. It’s a one-time (per app) alert, designed to help MacOS make the full transition to 64-bit. At some unspecified time in the future, the operating system will end its support for 32-bit technology… meaning those apps that haven’t been updated just won’t work. 

That time, mind you, is not tomorrow, but the company’s hoping that this messaging will help light a fire under users and developers to upgrade before that day comes. Says the company on its help page, “To ensure that the apps you purchase are as advanced as the Mac you run them on, all future Mac software will eventually be required to be 64-bit.”

Found this info on Mac Rumors Today.

Traditionally, Roxio puts out new Toast releases in July, only publicly disclosing the new features and properties at release time. That being said, they have to be fully aware that that have to replace (or abandon) lots of code, to be compliant with the next macOS release.
I am surprised that they waited this long. I have some 64 bit software on my computer from 2011. I think 64 bit applications were possible since Leopard (2007).

Edited by theoldarchiver

Toastit and other apps have 64bit but toast titanium does not yet have i checked my mac system info under software applications.

I have got some good news regarding my experience with Roxio titanium pro 16 for mac and I hope this gives the developers a real incentive to make sure toast 16 pro is 64 bit compatable in about 3 months time co-inciding with apples next Mac OS X major upgrade.

Would you beleive that this morning I successfully wrote and verified a 50GB M-Disc using toast 16 pro for mac......

Writing time @ 28 minutes

Verification time @ 26 minutes

WOW!! 👍

What makes things even more impressive is that not once did my fans come on!

Not once....and I use temperature pro app on my toolbar and max temp reached would of only been in the low 60 degrees Celsius!

I can play back the M-Disc BD-DL on my el,cheapo laser blu-ray,DVD media center player as well.I checked the disc on my Mac after burning and only issue I had was ejecting disc problem and I wasn’t going to run the risk of force eject/corruption so I had to ask Mac OS X Siri what to do and it said to shutdown then restart and I ejected it from desktop and it worked.

So let’s hope my good experience this morning gives roxio/Corel incentive to be 64 bit compliant by the time Apple upgrades Mac OS X.

Thanks

Jon

Hi,

This morning as I was getting ready to burn my first M-Disc 50GB BD-DL Project I received a pop up warning about the disc catalog RE app needing upgrading by developer from 32 bit to 64 bit.

I hope they will have toast titanium 16 Pro(apps bundle)for Mac OS X upgraded by time apple rolls out its next Big Mac OS X software upgrade.I think they will have to as Macsales.com/OWC obviously sell/manufacture really good LG mechanised M-Disc media blu-ray burners for Mac OS X(probably the only peice of M-Disc BD-DL+ burner hardware that is currently compatible,available for Mac OS X/toast 16 Pro for Mac)  

Thanks

Jon

Edited by waitawhile
Typo