Jump to content
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 99 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

  • 0
Robbie Doo

SP2 will not install

Question

When trying to install the available SP2 update, the virus protection comes up. Why would it be recognized as a virus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Because your virus protection program may be over-active and sees the update as a false positive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Running W10 Pro OS and Windows Defender security found these virus threats

when Trying to update NXT6 Pro to SP2

NXT6 Pro SP2.JPG

NXT update Virus.JPG

WD Virus threats.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Frank, you may have a problem; you already have SP2 but your screenshot indicates it is not up to date.  SP2 is the latest update.

I ran Defender and Kapersky and neither saw a problem.   The update is from the Corel/Roxio program itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, sknis said:

Frank, you may have a problem; you already have SP2 but your screenshot indicates it is not up to date.  SP2 is the latest update.

I ran Defender and Kapersky and neither saw a problem.   The update is from the Corel/Roxio program itself.

That's odd Steve. When I go to updates (while on the forum) there is no updates shown for NXT (any version). I did open the program

(NXT6 Pro) and went to the "help" option and it states that there is no update for it ? Certainly can't understand why when I run a scan with Windows Defender

it shows the two viruses that I posted and quarantined (sp?) them. I also called Corel and talked one of there techs and they are looking into the problem

with the info I sent them but I haven't heard back yet. The program is running all OK it's just when you try and do the SP2 update it gives you that virus error ??

Question--How do you tell if your NXT6 Pro already has the SP2 update ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

How about Help, about this software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 minutes ago, cdanteek said:

How about Help, about this software.

Says nothing about SP2 cd ???

 

NXT6 Pro About.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

A google search seems to indicate that this so-called virus is only detected by Microsoft Defender. Microsoft states that it is related to the Cloud based Defender and is probably a false positive. It seems to prevent that installation of other programs as well not only Roxio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I don't think you have SP2 installed, Frank, although you have downloaded a couple of copies of creatornxt6sp2.exe, according to your screenshot.  I have the same numbers in "About this software" as you have.

Since I can't persuade the Roxio software manager that I need a copy of SP2, would you kindly locate one of those copies (you might have to get it out of quarantine) and upload it to something like Google Drive, then privately send me a link so I can download it and poke a stick at it please? Can't just email the file because it's an .exe file.

Thanks,

Brendon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
29 minutes ago, Brendon said:

I don't think you have SP2 installed, Frank, although you have downloaded a couple of copies of creatornxt6sp2.exe, according to your screenshot.  I have the same numbers in "About this software" as you have.

Since I can't persuade the Roxio software manager that I need a copy of SP2, would you kindly locate one of those copies (you might have to get it out of quarantine) and upload it to something like Google Drive, then privately send me a link so I can download it and poke a stick at it please? Can't just email the file because it's an .exe file.

Thanks,

Brendon

All my quarantined files have been deleted from the Windows defender Brendon. Maybe I should just delete the NXT6 Pro I have on this particular computer and then reinstall a new clean install. If I do that then how will I know if the SP2 is updated or not ? Do a "check for updates from within the program" ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Given that Corel impose this unfortunate limit on installs, I wouldn't suggest deleting the copy of NXT 6  you have managed to install on that computer.

Since their FLEXNet Connect Agent (Roxio Software Manager) is steadfastly denying to many of us that any SP2 update exists, it can't be all that important, can it?  I know I have never seen SP2, and yet they're quite firm in telling me "NO".  I wonder what it's supposed to fix !!??!   I got this response seconds ago . . .

5ab5b874ed591_noupdate.jpg.484ff2ec4d31a57f5d7933b9eafed78a.jpg

Seeing all that, I'd just wait until they get their updates sorted out. - Since I can't get hold of a copy to poke a stick at, I actually have no choice but to wait.

As to your other question, if you did a clean install you'd be back to the start again, without Service Packs.  You would need to reinstall SP1 (the LabelCreators) again, and then see if you were offered SP2.  Then you'd be back exactly where you are at the moment.

 

If anyone has a copy of the SP2 executable, would you please upload it to Google Drive and send me a link?    Thanks very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I did a complete uninstall of NXT6 Pro using the Pro version of Revo-uninstaller with all the scans and deletions.

Then I re-installed NXT6 Pro (then one we got from Mark. Tried to see if there was an update and still get the same "no updates available"

This program needs some serious attention impo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, Robbie Doo said:

When trying to install the available SP2 update, the virus protection comes up. Why would it be recognized as a virus?

I think it's likely to be a "false positive" Robbie Doo, but I'm having trouble getting hold of a copy of the Service Pack to test it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Frank,   I'm pretty sure that I installed the SP2 update with no virus warning.   Looking at the version, mine is the same as yours shown except I have an "H"  were you have an "A".

Sorry, I can't find the SP2 download file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, sknis said:

Frank,   I'm pretty sure that I installed the SP2 update with no virus warning.   Looking at the version, mine is the same as yours shown except I have an "H"  were you have an "A".

Sorry, I can't find the SP2 download file.

I can't remember ever installing the SP2 update Steve but have received the update needed when opening up the program. Just can't run it. That update. Must be somewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 hours ago, REDWAGON said:

I can't remember ever installing the SP2 update Steve but have received the update needed when opening up the program. Just can't run it. That update. Must be somewhere 

Have you ever reinstalled the program?  The first thing the installer does is to check for updates.  Perhaps your was done then without changing the Build Number.. 

I think the "H" means SP2 was installed from the program;  you still have the "A'.  I would not worry about it since it does everything it is supposed to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, sknis said:

Have you ever reinstalled the program?  The first thing the installer does is to check for updates.  Perhaps your was done then without changing the Build Number.. 

I think the "H" means SP2 was installed from the program;  you still have the "A'.  I would not worry about it since it does everything it is supposed to.

Yeah Steve---a couple of posts ago I told I did a complete re-install. And you are correct--When it starts to install it says to check for updates but it never does anything

after you do the check. And I'll have to agree with you on not worrying about it as the programs all seem to work OK. and btw I did another "complete" virus check using

Windows Defender and it found nothing. I'm not sure what the "H" and "A" in the version means but you could be right. I have another computer in my shop running

W10 Pro and it also has NXT6 Pro installed. I'll check to see what the version shows on that computer and see if it's the same or different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

From all the conversations I gather that it's OK to install the update, right?

I can shut down the virus program temporarily and let the update go through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Yes, go for it Robbie.

I'd be very happy if you could save a copy of it so we can examine its insides!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I'm sorry Brendon, the update isn't available anymore. I'm assuming they took it down, because i didn't update anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
11 hours ago, Robbie Doo said:

I'm sorry Brendon, the update isn't available anymore. I'm assuming they took it down, because i didn't update anything.

What is the last character in the first set of number in the build number (as Frank posted above).  Is it "A" or "H"?  I think "H" is the latest build but since no one knows what it does, it is probably not important.

Edited by sknis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:15 AM, sknis said:

What is the last character in the first set of number in the build number (as Frank posted above).  Is it "A" or "H"?  I think "H" is the latest build but since no one knows what it does, it is probably not important.

You are correct Steve. I opened up NXT6 Pro and this time it showed me the screen for the SP2 Update.

I ran it and it completed the "Patch" and changed the program from the "A" to an "H". However I did try and

chase down everywhere on my computer to find the Patch for the SP2 update and couldn't find it anywhere !!!

(Attached screen captures)

Patch Complete.JPG

Creator NXT Pro SP2.JPG

Roxio NXT6 Pro update Patch.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

This morning, for some unexplained reason, the update finally became available to my machine.  Perhaps it took a long time for the updates canoe to reach me? - who knows!  The file landed in the Downloads directory as usual.

Latest versions of the major virus scanners found Nothing!  It's safe, Robbie.

The update did a bunch of tiny tweaks, mainly to Photosuite from what I could see.  I couldn't find a log afterwards, but my build did shift to 55H as expected.

 

So thar y'are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

The 55H made it to Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, ogdens said:

The 55H made it to Canada.

I would hope so!  :)

Corel's headquarters are in Ottawa, Canada.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×