• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 91 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
risk_reversal

Roxio Creator 2012 Pro - Some Install Questions

Question

Hi,

I have Roxio Creator 12 Pro and wanted to ask the following simple questions.

Am installing this on Win7.

1. Is there a custom install option on this program, like Creator 6, so that it doesn't install the proverbial 'kitchen sink'?

2. The version I have is 13.5.6.0.0.0 build 135890A. Is this the latest version or are there any software updates / service packs. I couldn't find any on the Roxio / Corel site.

3. Is there any need to upgrade the PX Engine, my 2 Sata optical drives are detected.

https://support.corel.com/hc/en-us/articles/216505527-PX-Engine-Description-and-Download

I note that the PX Engine, link above, v4.18.16a is dated 8.18.09

Many thanks

2 answers to this question

Good morning (well it is, here),

[1] No sorry, there's no custom install in Creator 2012. It's kitchen sink time, and you'll get these programs

programs.jpg.a88bd71850deb77fcef85b60164a1d9b.jpg

It is possible to fiddle the list a little bit using the command line when installing, but that's very fiddly!!

[2] There are no updates or service packs.  You are offered the chance to check for updates at install time, and if you check that box you'll get an updated version of setup.exe downloaded and run.

setup.jpg.c4cd070a20dc9aaa3a1c49dc74d91af1.jpg

However it didn't seem to make any difference to my installs if I didn't get the updated Setup.exe

Please be aware that Setup will offer to install Chrome, so be ready to uncheck the Chrome boxes.

[3] Creator 2012 installs version 4.5.5.0 of the Px Engine, so there you should not downgrade to 4.18.16a.  If you know your SATA optical drives are detected you must have already installed Creator 2012, so if you go to Help > About this software and scroll down some, you'll see which version of each of the modules you have.

I think that's everything.  Any other questions I can help with?

Regards, Brendon

Many thanks for your reply Brendon,

8 hours ago, Brendon said:

1] No sorry, there's no custom install in Creator 2012. It's kitchen sink time, and you'll get these programs

Was afraid that you'd say that.

It is possible to fiddle the list a little bit using the command line when installing, but that's very fiddly!!

Guess I will leave it as is then.

Please be aware that Setup will offer to install Chrome, so be ready to uncheck the Chrome boxes.

I did a test install of Creator 12 and noted those items on the install pages.

[3] Creator 2012 installs version 4.5.5.0 of the Px Engine, so there you should not downgrade to 4.18.16a.  If you know your SATA optical drives are detected you must have already installed Creator 2012, so if you go to Help > About this software and scroll down some, you'll see which version of each of the modules you have.

I must have missed this item when I opened the extensive About this software box.

Most kind as always thanks.

Cheers 

Edited by risk_reversal