• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Arch Hughes

Can't record to a mount point?

Question

I have a 4 TB hard drive.  I have it partitioned into a 2 TB C drive, a 1 TB TEMP directory, and a 1TB HTTP directory.  I have the two directories mounted as C:\TEMP and C:\HTTP.  Using the Roxio Media Import tool from NXT Pro 6 (build 190b55h) I can't see to use these two mounted directories.  (They simply don't appear when I try to find them using the "Browse directories" button.

When you format a partition (for example) you get the option of giving it a letter name C:, D:, L:, etc., or you can specify a mount point for it.  (My like the Unix / Linux feature.)  I think this might be new in Win10.

Can this feature of Windows 10 be supported?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

On 4/16/2018 at 11:06 AM, Arch Hughes said:

Can this feature of Windows 10 be supported?

Thanks!

Hi Arch,

Volume Mount Points have been supported in Windows since Windows 2000, so they've been around for quite a while.  They're not new  in Windows 10.

If you're requesting that Roxio software be changed to allow use of Mount Points, you should make your request direct to Roxio using the Feedback button in your software.  This Bulletin Board is populated by enthusiastic users helping each other, and is rarely visited by Roxio staff.

Regards, Brendon