ECUMC

Updating Secure Burn Drive Letters

Question

I have Creator NXT Pro 6 and changed drive letters on my CD drives. I don't know how to change the secure burn drive letters to reflect the new drive letters.

5 answers to this question

Brendon is pretty good at secure burn. He is in a different date/time zone so check back tomorrow  ;)

11 hours ago, ECUMC said:
I have Creator NXT Pro 6 and changed drive letters on my CD drives. I don't know how to change the secure burn drive letters to reflect the new drive letters.

Hi ECUMC,

How did you manage to change your drive letters without the secure burn driveletter following automatically?

I usually keep my optical drives at the top end of the alphabet, out of the way of the hard drives.   In this machine the burn drive showed as Z: but when I changed the driveletter to Y: with Disk Management, Roxio Secure Burn terminated and dropped out of memory.   When I restarted Secure Burn, it had adopted the new letter.

burnz.jpg.7d0883cd0d69d9cd7a33483947708fe0.jpgburny.jpg.705aa39e3c992dfa4174f1d8016f527a.jpg

Can you please explain the bad result you got and the steps you took to obtain it?  If it's something particular to having two CD drives I can go install on another machine to check for you.

Regards, Brendon

It did change on its own, but not immediately. I don't know if it's something to do with 10, or what. I noticed it was changed at some point after rebooting.

I would expect that it happens when you re-start Secure Burn.

Secure Burn gets the drive letter from the table which is maintained in the \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\MountedDevices key in the registry.  You can change the letter assigned to the drive with Disk Management and the change will happen immediately for the operating system (File Explorer), but Secure Burn won't recognize the changes until it is re-started and reads the table again.  You can either restart Secure Burn, or restart the whole machine (which restarts Secure Burn also) to do that.

Either way it's fixed, and your drive letter change will be persistent, so we can be happy.  :)

Regards, Brendon

17 hours ago, Brendon said:

Either way it's fixed, and your drive letter change will be persistent, so we can be happy.  :)Regards, Brendon

Why is it that I suddenly want to clap my hands, stomp my feet, and say "amen"? ;)

Thanks.

Edited by Brendon
Hooked the reply outy of the quote.