• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
duct

Motion track editor forces program shutdown

Question

Hi, I recently installed the NXT6 Pro suite on my Windows 10 desktop.  I have had many previous versions of Roxio, so I am very familiar with how this is supposed to work.  One of the only reasons I upgraded to NXT6 was for the "motion track editing" feature.  However, even after doing updates and repairs, the Editor will force stop Videowave after I select say; blur and then click on the image to paste the blur marker, it will not finish pasting the blur mark, it hangs, and a few moments later I get the dreaded "Roxio" message that the program must close.  So far no other portion of this program gives me an issue. Anyone have a fix for this?  If I can't get this feature to work, the NXT6 is of no use to me.
Thanks,

Edited by duct

14 answers to this question

Try the Repair option of install. Also contact Roxio Support!

Keep us updated and check back to see if others have any suggestions ;)

• Thanks 1

Jim, I did try the repair option, it completed but the same issue remains.  Thanks for the support recommendation.

Truthfully, I never installed NXT 6 :huh:

I am installing it now on a Win 10 pc and will dabble with this and see what I come up with. But keep working with Roxio Support as well. Since it is a new feature, they will have more experience with it than I do!

• Thanks 1

Well I got it installed...

Tried with NO updates and VideoWave locks up at some point with the Motion Video Editor running. Tried with both Hardware and Software Rendering. No change.

Added SP1 and tried again after a reboot. No change, VW locks up.

Added SP2 and again, no change :(

Did you hear from Support?

• Thanks 1

This is what I got back from Support.  I haven't had time yet to give it a try.

Thank you for contacting Corel Customer Support. My name is Ton and I have been assigned to your case.
I understand that you are having issues with the product. Let me go ahead and help you.

Your Roxio Creator NXT 6 installation might be corrupted. Please follow the steps below to completely remove NXT 6 and re-install it.
Please uninstall Creator NXT 6, and any other Roxio software that is currently on your computer. After uninstalling, reboot your computer, and then configure Windows to show hidden files and folders. If you need instructions on how to do this, please refer to this link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/
(Show Hidden Files and Folders in Windows 7, 8.x, 10, or Vista)

Once you have hidden files and folders showing, please proceed with these steps:

1. Go to " C:\Users\*your username*\AppData\Local\";
2. Locate any or all of these folders:
- "Rovi_Corporation”;
- “Corel_Corporation”;
- “Roxio”;
- “Roxio Log Files”;
- “Sonic”;
- “Simple Star”;

3. Rename these folders by adding a “.old” at the end of their names. For instance, "Rovi_Corporation" to "Rovi_Corporation.old";
4. Go to "C:\Users\*_yourusername_*\AppData\Roaming\" and check to see if you find the same folders above, and rename them the same way;
5. Go to “C:\Program Files\Common Files” or “C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files” and look for the following folders; rename them the same way:
- PX Storage Engine;
- Roxio Shared;
- Sonic Shared.

6. Go to "C:\Program Data\" and delete the following folders:
- Roxio
- Sonic
- FLEXnet

7. Reboot your computer and reinstall Creator NXT 6.

*Note: If you do not find some of the folders listed above, this is okay, as long as you searched in the correct locations; this means that those folders have already been removed by the uninstall process. The procedures above is just to make sure that there are no leftover files/folders so you can perform a "clean" install of the software.

Please do not hesitate to contact us with any further questions.

Regards,
TON
Corel Customer Support Services

Possibly clearing out all the old Roxio and clean install might help, but need time to go thru all of that.

Problem is that Jim has only just installed, and has run into the problem before he has had time to use the suite.  It doesn't seem that a clean uninstall is likely to help him at this point, and there may be something wrong with the program as delivered.

• Thanks 1

Well, after many hours of performing "cleaning out" of any and all old Roxio/Corel software, and reloading new NXT 6 Pro, the problem still persists. Now I find that when simply editing video, that the Native sounds become corrupted and sounds like it's being passed thru a pipe or tube.  I experimented with using the "Clean Audio" feature just to see what would happen, and it actually helped make the sound normal.  But, in using Clean Audio, that too forced the program to shut-down.  All support wants to do now, is dabble around on my computer with "remote assistance".  I declined that offer, as I am not convinced this is an issue with my computer, but rather an issue in development of the software.  

20 minutes ago, duct said:

...Now I find that when simply editing video, that the Native sounds become corrupted and sounds like it's being passed thru a pipe or tube...

I posted a description on May 8, 2018 of a problem I was having with the audio being corrupted in Video Wave... (Video Wave Audio "Fuzzy").

I attached a audio file of a sample of what my problem sounded like.  Granted this was towards the end of the video and the audio's distortion increased as the Video's length increased.

Is this the sort of problem you are having now in addition to your earlier issue?

Best regards,

Scott

• Thanks 1

Yes Scott, it sounds to be the same type of issue.  Did you get a solution? 

Scott: Understand this is NOT Corel/Roxio support!!! This is a site where users work together and are not inclined to provide an answer when they don't know :)

I played with the audio distortion question just now and have posted my findings in your Topic

duct: Please use that link for this audio discussion as it is a completely different topic than what you started here -_-

• Thanks 1

I still have the crashing issue.  Even after hours of looking for workarounds, but still the program crashes/closes after selecting anything to do with tracking or blurring.