tented

Are these bugs fixed in Toast 16?

Question

I currently have Toast 12, which has a few bugs. I'm wondering if any have been fixed in Toast 16.

- Subtitles - they can't be added/encoded in Toast 12

- Remembering disc format and menu template - in Toast 12, if a file is created for a dual-layer Blu-Ray, whenever the file is saved, then reopened, it goes back to being a single-layer disc. I have to manually change it back to dual-layer every time. Also, it never remembers which menu template I chose. I can choose "Passport" for example, save the file, but when I reopen it, it defaults back to "Splash". I have to manually change it back to Passport every time.

Does anyone know if these bugs have been fixed in Toast 16? Thanks!

4 answers to this question

For the ‘main’ Toast application:
Subtitles - unchanged: no support for adding your own
Disc format - seems to remember it, but must match content (i.e. DVD-Video remembers DVD or DVD DL, but not other sizes, which I find logical)
Menu style - unchanged: defaults to Splash when opening a project file (.disc)

For the MyDVD application:
Subtitles - no support for adding your own
Disc format - reverts to single layer when saved with DL setting
Menu style - remembers the theme when opening a project file (.MyDVD)

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, theoldarchiver said:

For the ‘main’ Toast application:
Subtitles - unchanged: no support for adding your own
Disc format - seems to remember it, but must match content (i.e. DVD-Video remembers DVD or DVD DL, but not other sizes, which I find logical)
Menu style - unchanged: defaults to Splash when opening a project file (.disc)

For the MyDVD application:
Subtitles - no support for adding your own
Disc format - reverts to single layer when saved with DL setting
Menu style - remembers the theme when opening a project file (.MyDVD)

Thanks for the response! It seems as if only one of the problems has been addressed: disc format. I mainly create dual-layer Blu-Ray discs, so it's annoying to have the file open as a single layer BD every time. But if they haven't fixed the subtitles and menu style bugs, I'll pass on paying for the upgrade. It's reasonable to expect this software to handle subtitles and to remember something as basic as which menu style was originally chosen.

I'm not sure that what you are saying are bugs, are actually bugs. It may well be that they would be improvements and additional features.

15 hours ago, bohalloran said:

I'm not sure that what you are saying are bugs, are actually bugs. It may well be that they would be improvements and additional features.

"Improvements" would be something like adding new templates; fixing the software to accurately save your work is a bug.