clanp

ISO Burn Issue

Question

HI , I want to burn an iso file (Music)  to a DVD to play on my DVD player .

Using Disc image it burns without issues but my DVD player says "Disc not found"

I don't have any such issues when burning a CD with music etc

Can anyone help with what i am doing wrong?

Mick

12 answers to this question

How was the music made into an ISO to start with?

If that image is of an Audio CD then it won't work burning it to a DVD.

Once the image is burned to the DVD can you look at the contents with File Explorer in Windows? If so what kind of extensions are on the files you can see? 

Edited by tbrewst

I don't think you can create an "Audio only" DVD that can be played on a DVD player. You need some video to go with the audio, ie, you have to create proper video DVD.

clanp has to give a lot more information on his project. How was the iso made, what is in the iso?

Edited by myguggi

I agree with Walt;  I made some music DVDs awhile back and had to use a bunch of images to go with it.  I used the album covers.  I can't remember what program I used.

Does your DVD player have the ability to play thumb drives (memory sticks)?  That may be an alternative to have a lot more audio to play without changing out the media being played.

Correction:

Just remembered that the program was "Create DVD Music Discs"  in the Music/Audio section of the program.  You may have to rip the ISO file back to the individual music tracks and then make the DVD Music disc.  Apparently the program adds the proper navigation to the disc.   No images necessary.

Edited by sknis
Removed incorrect information concerning audio quality

That's what I said. If that image is of an audio CD then burning it to a DVD is not going to work.The format will be of a CD not a DVD. If you burn that image to a CD instead of a DVD I bet it will play.

So, Mick (clanp),

We are all wanting to help you, and are waiting with 'bated breath for your replies to the questions in tbrewst's first post. 

-How was the ISO made, and what contents (file extensions) can you see if you open the DVD with File Explorer?

The suspense is building, so please come back and reply to him.  (smile)

sorry chaps away on business for a few days.

Whilst in Japan a few weeks ago a colleague from there said he would put some tracks I enjoyed listening to on a CD  for me (Japanese music) I haven't got an e-mail address for him before anyone asks

When I got it home he has burnt them on a DVD in ISO format.  I used "burn disc image" from the programme and it completes without any issues but when I put it in my player (OPPO 205) it says "Disc Unknown".

I also tried burning it as a DVD disc which again it completed without issues and when I put it in my machine I can see a couple of photo files but none of the music is accessible.

It will not allow me to burn onto a CD. 

I extracted the files with PeaZip onto my hard drive.  There are several 2CH files and 1 MCH file. Tried playing these on Media Player Classic with no joy.

I also tried putting them on a USB drive and playing them on my OPPO but they don't come up in the file list  

Could they be corrupted ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Edited by clanp

Oops, Mick.

2CH files are used in SACD audio, and I think your friend has given you an SACD ISO.  Super Audio CD is a disc format which was introduced in 1999 and was going to replace CDs eventually, except it flopped and died, and is nowadays used only by a few "audiophiles".  (See the Wiki HERE)

You need a special player to play SACD ISOs, as they use a coding called 1-bit DSD while CDs use 16-bit PCM.  Creator 2016 might burn the ISO to disc, but it can't convert DSD to PCM for you.  Someone might know of a separate (commercial?) converting software.

Regards, Brendon

That explained that. Thanks for the answers clanp. Thanks for the response Brendon. I knew something weird was going on.

I was doing some reading and this page has a few programs listed that will work with them.Try one and see what happens.

Edited by tbrewst

Ok , so my OPPO Player is a top of the range Blu Ray machine with SACD capability . We were lamenting the failure  of SACD in Japan so my man may have thought it was a good suprise to give me some SACD files . (he stated at the time that he owns over 60 SACD discs and that they are regularly released in Japan.  I did look at a website he suggested but they were between 90 and 200GBP to buy and import into the Uk which was a bit prohibitive. This is now beginning to make some sense. 

So thanks Bendan et all for the rapid replies /solutions.  i will look through the suggested links and see if I can suss out a solution .

Still don't understand at the moment  why i couldn't just Burn the ISO to a disc and it would play . i will come back if i find a working solution 

Mick