• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Jim B

differences between NXT 4 and NXT 6

Question

Where can I find a comparison between Roxio Creator NXT 6 and NXT 4?

Thnaks. Jim B.

10 answers to this question

Doesn’t reallY exist...

It can best be described as another loss in capability with little gained 😣

They added Mutiple Camera Angles in MyDVD but gutted the best features... It doesn’t even look like it used to.

Most of us feel that Creator 2012 was really the best.

20 hours ago, Jim_Hardin said:

It can best be described as another loss in capability with little gained 😣

Most of us feel that Creator 2012 was really the best.

Thanks for the heads up. I have NXT 4 installed on my computer. Do your thoughts above apply to it also? Fortunately, I got it free. And, fortunately, I still have my creator 2012 installation disk. Does NXT 4 have any worthwhile features that are lacking in 2012?

Thanks. Jim.

I can't really think of any... But you can run both! Just install Creator 2012 AFTER you install NXT 4 ;)

Okay, I'll do that. I'll bet there probably isn't a comparison between creator 2012 and NXT 4 to be had anywhere.

Jim.

Jim B said "Fortunately, I got it free"

Was it free because you got it with a piece of hardware?   If so, it is a teaser (OEM) version and may have several programs disabled.  Creator 2012 is better than that

BUT it depends on what you are doing with the software.  Remember that high definition,  360 degree camcorders etc. are all relatively new and may not be in 2012 but should be in NXT4.  Newer than those you may need to further upgrade.

1 hour ago, sknis said:

Jim B said "Fortunately, I got it free"

Was it free because you got it with a piece of hardware? 

No I got it from a friend who downloaded it and saved that file to a CD. I installed it from that CD. It appears to have all the program modules that you would normally see on the Roxio startup screen.

Remember that high definition,  360 degree camcorders etc. are all relatively new and may not be in 2012 but should be in NXT4.

High definition and 360° camcorders are not an issue with me.

I am also looking at video wave but, it seems to be loaded with a lot of stuff for dressing up videos which I don't need. Aside from this stuff, is it's editing capabilities superior to video wave?

" No I got it from a friend who downloaded it and saved that file to a CD. I installed it from that CD. It appears to have all the program modules that you would normally see on the Roxio startup screen "

You do realize that this practice is completely illegal???

6 minutes ago, Jim_Hardin said:

" No I got it from a friend who downloaded it and saved that file to a CD. I installed it from that CD. It appears to have all the program modules that you would normally see on the Roxio startup screen "

You do realize that this practice is completely illegal???

I'll have to plead the 5Th on that question. The friend passed away some time ago so I can't ask him where he got the download but, I imagine, he paid to download it from some site like eBay. There are many programs there that vendors advertise a digital download for. They place no limitations on the installations that can be made from that download.
  I have a hard copy of Creator 2012 that I bought some time ago and have since installed it on a number of different machines. I would think that the same would hold true for a downloaded version.

But then, thinking is not my strong suit.

1 hour ago, Jim B said:

I'll have to plead the 5Th on that question. The friend passed away some time ago so I can't ask him where he got the download but, I imagine, he paid to download it from some site like eBay. There are many programs there that vendors advertise a digital download for. They place no limitations on the installations that can be made from that download.
  I have a hard copy of Creator 2012 that I bought some time ago and have since installed it on a number of different machines. I would think that the same would hold true for a downloaded version.

But then, thinking is not my strong suit.

If you have the serial key then you should be able to install it from CD and run it.

In general I don't trust software downloaded from eBay or similar sites.

The fact that you mentioned using "Videowave" as your main concern, then stick with Creator 2012 Pro.

As Jim suggested, that particular program was no doubt the best type suite program we have had the

pleasure of using--(again in regards to "Videowave") impo.