Mike_mn

MyDVD alternatives...

Question

I'm not bashing Roxio NXT, or, MyDVD.  Videowawe is still awesome in my opinion.  It's just that MyDVD is a former shadow of what is used to be, is awful, and is killing NXT.  Do a search and you'll see why.

I've been researching different  DVD creation software, and am interested in what others think would be a good alternative to MyDVD, & Video editing.  I'm not interested in a complete bundle.

Thinking about CyberLink PowerDirector 17 Utlimate.  It's one program that does Video editing, DVD creation, and, burning the dvd.  Has all the features of Videowave & MyDVD, Pinnacle Studio 22, plus many more. Thoughts?

2 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Mike_mn said:

It's just that MyDVD is a former shadow of what is used to be, is awful, and is killing NXT. 

I don't think that you'll get an argument from anyone here, Mike.  Alas, when Corel acquired Roxio it seems they decided to replace the fully-featured Roxio software with their own 'lite' version.  Perhaps it made sense to them?  Time will tell.

Keep using VideoWave and try the Free version of Cyberlink's Power to Go Essentials for the burning.  When the trial expires, you will lose some of the advanced features but will still have the basic ones.