Jump to content
  • 0
Mike_mn

Creator 2012 Pro, AND, PowerDirector 17, co-exsist?

Question

Can Creator 2012 Pro AND Corel PowerDirector both be installed on the same (Windows 7 Home 64-bit) Windows 7?  ...without interfering with each other, or, Windows?

I still like my beloved Creator 2012 Pro, and want to keep it.  I'm concerned about having both installed.  Does anyone have experiences in Windows 7 running C2012Pro and other video programs?

 

Previously, I've said that Roxio was "Dead to me" because of the horrible MyDVD starting in NXT 4.  I had tried NXT 6 and disliked the lighter version of MyDVD.  I must have missed the episodes that MyDVD appeared on in 'My 600 Pound Life', and, 'The Biggest Looser'.   The latter being key to what Roxio did to Creator NXT 4+.

 

I'm planning on getting Corel's PowerDirector 17, for all the extra features... Motion blurring/tracking, 360 dewarp,...  Plus, I like that it's one program that does Video Editing, Sound editing, DVD/BD menu creation, Burning...  Long list...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I doubt there would be any conflict but why not play it safe?

With PD 17 installed, set a Restore Point in Win 7.

Then install Creator 2012.

Test them out and let us know ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 hours ago, Jim_Hardin said:

I doubt there would be any conflict but why not play it safe?

With PD 17 installed, set a Restore Point in Win 7.

Then install Creator 2012.

Test them out and let us know ;)

Yes, i will.

I also just did a full backup of my system - a last resort in case the system restores either fail, or, fail to fully remove (it can happen).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Mike_mn said:

Yes, i will.

I also just did a full backup of my system - a last resort in case the system restores either fail, or, fail to fully remove (it can happen).

Not a silly thing to do, Mike. (Should be a regular thing rather than last resort, though. - smile - There's nothing so secure as a full system backup)

That's what I would have done if I had Power Director, but since I was without I've had to leave it to you gents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I did purchase PD Pro 17.  Should have did the trial, as I 'returned' it for a refund.

- Although the DVD/BR menus are very easy to design, they have one basic overall design... Root menu/Sub menu.  I had wanted a few sub menus.  CL said it was possible, but wouldn't tell me how!!!  I couldn't find a way.

- There's an issue with using NVidia encoding.  Starting with a recent version of the drivers, Nvidia encoding is NOT available.  CL's encoding options are very cryptic, and does not tell you what types of encoding is enabled. Poor design.

I like the other features.  The DVD menu limitation was adeal killer.

I really would like to be able to put a subtitle track down.

 

I'll re-install my Roxio Creator 2012 Pro.

I'd really like to get Bluray XL and subttitles.  I'll probably trial a few other softwares.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

PD17 is a very good program... if you don;t mind the basic menu structure - which is probably okay for most.

Attached is a sketch of a simple menu structure I wanted,.  I was surprised it couldn't do it.  The root menu only had 'Play All' and 'Select Scenes'.  I found no way to add submenus.  CyberLink was no help.  All they said is I can add to the 'Root' menu, but couldn't find a way to do that!  I found it surprising, and disappointing.  Very limited, which made it useless to me.

Creator 2012 can do this, but doesn't have the option to add subtitles.

Menu.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I have barely scratched the surface with PD but, yes it can do both of those as far as I know.

Image1.jpg.d19ea9271aaf6db38f8be4b89ca8efbe.jpg

For obvious reasons we are not here to support a competing product, but I'll see if one of the gurus can advise you on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, Mike_mn said:

PD17 is a very good program... if you don;t mind the basic menu structure - which is probably okay for most.

Attached is a sketch of a simple menu structure I wanted,.  I was surprised it couldn't do it.  The root menu only had 'Play All' and 'Select Scenes'.  I found no way to add submenus.  CyberLink was no help.  All they said is I can add to the 'Root' menu, but couldn't find a way to do that!  I found it surprising, and disappointing.  Very limited, which made it useless to me.

Creator 2012 can do this, but doesn't have the option to add subtitles.

Menu.jpeg

Since the OP has returned the Cyberlink program; perhaps we should close out this thread. 

The OP has Creator 2012; perhaps someone can suggest how he can get a menu the way he wants and still have room on the DVD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I only posted the sketch to show what I'm looking to do.

 I wasn't asking for help on this.  I had done that on the PD forum, and, worked with CL support.

Sorry.  I should have been more specific.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, Mike_mn said:

I only posted the sketch to show what I'm looking to do.

 I wasn't asking for help on this.  I had done that on the PD forum, and, worked with CL support.

Sorry.  I should have been more specific.

 

 

So do you still have a question or are you finished here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×