• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Mike_mn

Creator 2012 Pro, AND, PowerDirector 17, co-exsist?

Question

Can Creator 2012 Pro AND Corel PowerDirector both be installed on the same (Windows 7 Home 64-bit) Windows 7?  ...without interfering with each other, or, Windows?

I still like my beloved Creator 2012 Pro, and want to keep it.  I'm concerned about having both installed.  Does anyone have experiences in Windows 7 running C2012Pro and other video programs?

Previously, I've said that Roxio was "Dead to me" because of the horrible MyDVD starting in NXT 4.  I had tried NXT 6 and disliked the lighter version of MyDVD.  I must have missed the episodes that MyDVD appeared on in 'My 600 Pound Life', and, 'The Biggest Looser'.   The latter being key to what Roxio did to Creator NXT 4+.

I'm planning on getting Corel's PowerDirector 17, for all the extra features... Motion blurring/tracking, 360 dewarp,...  Plus, I like that it's one program that does Video Editing, Sound editing, DVD/BD menu creation, Burning...  Long list...

3 answers to this question

I doubt there would be any conflict but why not play it safe?

With PD 17 installed, set a Restore Point in Win 7.

Then install Creator 2012.

Test them out and let us know ;)

15 hours ago, Jim_Hardin said:

I doubt there would be any conflict but why not play it safe?

With PD 17 installed, set a Restore Point in Win 7.

Then install Creator 2012.

Test them out and let us know ;)

Yes, i will.

I also just did a full backup of my system - a last resort in case the system restores either fail, or, fail to fully remove (it can happen).

1 hour ago, Mike_mn said:

Yes, i will.

I also just did a full backup of my system - a last resort in case the system restores either fail, or, fail to fully remove (it can happen).

Not a silly thing to do, Mike. (Should be a regular thing rather than last resort, though. - smile - There's nothing so secure as a full system backup)

That's what I would have done if I had Power Director, but since I was without I've had to leave it to you gents.