AtlanticVideography

Videowave crashes immediately

Question

I installed NXT5 on brand new PC win10 and Videowave will not run. It crashes immediately each time I open the program. There's no error code, it just quits the moment it finishes loading.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated as one of the main reasons I bought this new PC was for video editing. How ironic.

What's puzzling is that Videowave worked for one video editing session when I first installed NXT5, but now, I cannot even get it to load and I've tried everything I can think of, including the repair feature, complete uninstall with Revo Pro & reinstall, & I've even tried restoring the new PC back to the point when Videowave actually worked that one time, but nothing is working. Any suggestions?

Edited by AtlanticVideography

11 answers to this question

How about posting the dxdiag.exe result on the new computer?  Post the text file and not the line by line result.

Did you update the driver for your video chip/board after that first time? 

4 hours ago, sknis said:

How about posting the dxdiag.exe result on the new computer?  Post the text file and not the line by line result.

Did you update the driver for your video chip/board after that first time? 

I'm not sure. Is there a way I can check to see if I updated it?

DxDiag.txt

As you can see by the errors shown near the end of the dxdiag.exe teat file, Video Wave keeps crashing with a Fault bucket 108443204824, type 1 error.  There are other errors also.  I looked for what that error was trying to say but I could not find the error description.

Where did you get the NXT 5 -- commercial disc, download or disc from Roxio or a questionable vendor from something like e-bay?   How many times did you try to install it?  Did you have your antivirus active during the install?   

I saw that you used REVO uninstaller PRO.  Did you use the Moderate Mode and let it delete everything that it wanted to?

You were not able to run NXT6 and got a refund and now you have a similar problem with NXT5.  There may be an issue with your copy of Windows 10.  Did you look there?

You may want to contact Roxio support (or Microsoft) to get the problem fixed.

Edited by sknis

4 hours ago, sknis said:

As you can see by the errors shown near the end of the dxdiag.exe teat file, Video Wave keeps crashing with a Fault bucket 108443204824, type 1 error.  There are other errors also.  I looked for what that error was trying to say but I could not find the error description.

Where did you get the NXT 5 -- commercial disc, download or disc from Roxio or a questionable vendor from something like e-bay?   How many times did you try to install it?  Did you have your antivirus active during the install?   

I saw that you used REVO uninstaller PRO.  Did you use the Moderate Mode and let it delete everything that it wanted to?

You were not able to run NXT6 and got a refund and now you have a similar problem with NXT5.  There may be an issue with your copy of Windows 10.  Did you look there?

You may want to contact Roxio support (or Microsoft) to get the problem fixed.

Thank you kindly for your help. I might've goofed the uninstall with Revo Pro, or perhaps I hadn't disabled Norton, so I just did a full uninstall again, and this time, I made sure I deleted everything in Moderate Mode. However, now I'm locked out from attempting another install (too many).

I just submitted a ticket with Roxio tech support to ask for more install attempts.

I do have a legit full retail boxed copy directly from Corel. Hopefully they will allow me to try again. If probs continue after re-install, I will submit another ticket to Roxio, Microsoft, or HP. 

Sorry I was not able to be more helpful.  Happy Holidays.

Hello, still no luck with Roxio tech support. Do you know how I can clear files out of Videowave's media selector?

I think the program may be crashing on startup possibly due to a prob w/one of these files in media selector (see screen capture)

59590859_Screenshot2018-12-0409_54_54.thumb.png.8e269dc466feae18929ba28b84e30023.png

Little confusing that you are running NXT 5 and using RoxioGameCAP HD for an example...

Still I cannot duplicate your theory:

Image2.thumb.jpg.d501d446649ed51108ec5c8e3ea4ba3e.jpg

I suggest you try a Repair on the GameCAP to see if that helps. (installing older software after the newest works best.

Failing that, download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Do GameCAP first then NXT 5

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your NXT 5 Roxio Disc.

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot. Test NXT 5 to make sure it is running OK. Then you can install GameCAP.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

On 12/4/2018 at 1:13 PM, Jim_Hardin said:

Little confusing that you are running NXT 5 and using RoxioGameCAP HD for an example...

Still I cannot duplicate your theory:

Image2.thumb.jpg.d501d446649ed51108ec5c8e3ea4ba3e.jpg

I suggest you try a Repair on the GameCAP to see if that helps. (installing older software after the newest works best.

Failing that, download and install the Revo Uninstaller. Then run it in Moderate Mode to remove any traces of Roxio.

Do GameCAP first then NXT 5

Then turn off your Anti Virus, Firewalls, Registry Cleaners, etc.

Now insert your NXT 5 Roxio Disc.

Don’t do any updates at this time (get it running first)

When the Install completes, turn your AV & Firewall back on and reboot. Test NXT 5 to make sure it is running OK. Then you can install GameCAP.

Jim, the above video I attached is of some guy on YouTube... this is addressing the problem of videowave crashing immediately when trying to run the program... it appears to happen when the user has the "media selector" docked (see the video above at 1:00 mark). I had to choose another folder to keep my media TO GET IT FROM APPEARING IN "media selector" as I'm loading videowave. Once you move all your files to another folder, then videowave will finish loading without crashing because there's nothing in the folder for "media selector" to get hung up on. Then, once you load videowave, UNDOCK media selector so that it doesn't load next time when running videowave... but the key is to not keep any of your video/media files in any folder that "media selector" is trying to access when loading videowave... hope that makes sense. I see other posts where videowave crashes... this fix worked for me after agonizing reinstalls and repairs did nothing... hoping this post will save someone the hassle and just move the files away from the folder that media selector tries to access when it's docked upon loading VW. Cheers.

Thanks tor clearing that up!

Could be your solution will be useful to others that have this problem. For whatever reason, I do not seem to have it...