Goddess_Bastet

A couple of questions re burning .iso & label creator.

Question

Hi all.

Recently purchased NXT 6 (from NXT 4) & found that I can no longer double-click on the .iso to burn it directly to DVD as I could with NXT 4, also clicking on burn with Roxio under right click drop down menu does nothing. Currently Windows explorer is the default but even after changing the default to Roxio burn it does nothing. Is this now no longer possible?
Second I’m trying to create a DVD label & print it to the disc but the only options for a printer is Epson - I have a Canon printer - which means I cannot print direct to disc as it is off-centre. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.

13 answers to this question

I can't really address your burn issues. I have more than one version of Roxio on my PC's and it defaults to an older one... What happens if you just open NXT 6 and choose Data/Copy - Burn Disc Image?

For the Labels, let's review: When you click File - Print you get the print dialog box. If you click the drop box arrow by Printer, you should get a list of all Windows installed printers on your PC. In my pic you see my list, BUT I don't have any beyond the Epson :wacko: If you click the Properties button there is a way to adjust the image for you paper. I wouldn't try that just yet as we should be able to get your printer recognized.

Image1.thumb.jpg.75549d440d02481e976da4483b5273a4.jpg

There are some others here on the board that know more about the printer than I, so give it some time and see what happens ;)

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Yes I can burn a disc that way  

Printer is listed but when I choose print to disc under media the drop down menu for paper type just shows Epson, I can choose the Canon properties & choose the disc tray but the print is way off. 

As to your .ISO burning question, you haven't mentioned which Operating System you're running.  If you're still on your old Windows 8 Pro then I can't be sure what Creator NXT does in that OS, but in Windows 10 there's quite a difference between NXT4 and NXT6.

If you right-click an .ISO file with NXT4 installed, you will see that the default action (what happens on a double-click) is set to Open, and you will find that a double-click opens the ISO with Roxio Creator.  This is set up by the NXT4 installer.

However the NXT6 installer doesn't do this.  The default action is left at Mount, and a double-click will attempt to mount the ISO.  See the picture below.  NXT4 on the left, NXT6 on the right.

see.jpg.1e2c2258427b447c8009707c46d9871b.jpg

Now you should also see options similar to, or same as those shown on the right above to burn the ISO if you don't want to go and manually run Creator's 'Burn Disc Image' or the separate 'Roxio Burn' application.

Brendon

I’m running Windows 10 pro  

Burn iso brings up the Microsoft burn application not Roxio. Choosing to burn with Roxio does nothing from the same menu. 

Also can anyone confirm what I’ve read here concerning a limit on reinstallling the program? I’ve read there’s a 20x limit.

Edited by Goddess_Bastet
Additional question.

Yes, we found the Install Count limit to be 20 times. Keep in mind that 'Repair' is not an 'Install' so it doesn't count.

If you should reach/exceed 20 Installs, contact Roxio to get it reset.

A lot of folks that use CD Label printing go for a 3rd Party software... I know that it isn't the one stop shopping we expect but it is a really good solution. My printer prints discs, and I use its' software. The few label I do work OK with my Epson so I just use that but perhaps others can suggest a 3rd party software for you.

Did you try the suggestions that Brendon made for Win 10 printing?

I do have a program which is basic for printing on discs. I believe it’s from an old version of easy cd creator so I don’t know how much longer it will be compatible with 10. 

Choosing burn opens up Microsoft’s basic burning software. 

I image my drive so as long as restoring said image doesn’t also count then that’s fine. 

It’s a shame that features are removed yet it’s never stated on the Roxio website. 

1 hour ago, Goddess_Bastet said:

Choosing burn opens up Microsoft’s basic burning software.

Yes, "Burn disc image" and "Burn with Express Burn"  are Microsoft's software.  To get to Roxio's software you now have to either go and run it manually as I suggested, or you might use Roxio Secure Burn from further down the right-click menu.

> Choosing to burn with Roxio does nothing from the same menu.

To use Roxio Burn from the right-click you now have to have it already running and visible when you right-click on the ISO, and then you have to click the burn button (flaming disc) on Roxio Secure Burn to start it burning.

208800560_roxioburn.jpg.b28b8ad64677b185d840c86b8b9353a1.jpg

> I image my drive so as long as restoring said image doesn’t also count then that’s fine. 

No, imaging doesn't count.  The counting is done when the software 'phones home' to check your serial number when you're installing.

> It’s a shame that features are removed yet it’s never stated on the Roxio website. 

Yes!

You mentioned that you have a canon printer that I assume has the option to burn a label to disc.

I would think that Canon has it's OWN program to do that task. I am using an Epson Printer but do not

use any other print a label program to burn or print directly to the disc except Epson. Is that possible with

your Canon ?

12 hours ago, Brendon said:

Yes, "Burn disc image" and "Burn with Express Burn"  are Microsoft's software.  To get to Roxio's software you now have to either go and run it manually as I suggested, or you might use Roxio Secure Burn from further down the right-click menu.

> Choosing to burn with Roxio does nothing from the same menu.

To use Roxio Burn from the right-click you now have to have it already running and visible when you right-click on the ISO, and then you have to click the burn button (flaming disc) on Roxio Secure Burn to start it burning.

208800560_roxioburn.jpg.b28b8ad64677b185d840c86b8b9353a1.jpg

> I image my drive so as long as restoring said image doesn’t also count then that’s fine. 

No, imaging doesn't count.  The counting is done when the software 'phones home' to check your serial number when you're installing.

> It’s a shame that features are removed yet it’s never stated on the Roxio website. 

Yes!

So it only works if Roxio is running or secure burn?

Edited by Goddess_Bastet

7 hours ago, Goddess_Bastet said:

So it only works if Roxio is running or secure burn?

It wouldn't work if only Creator (the big multi-menu thing) was running.  The only way I could get it to work was to run Roxio Burn, so this box was visible down in the bottom right of the screen.

rsb1.jpg.5d43160ff8119c7bc8da56314b3e2675.jpg

Then I had to right-click on the ISO and click the flaming disc option

rsb2.jpg.800f9bf24dc4c42ed90aa12c50e6979e.jpg

Doing that loaded the ISO into Roxio Burn and I then had to click the flaming disc which appeared on the right end of Roxio Burn.

rsb3.jpg.e4b5e7ffdcc5246be965d7fab92259ec.jpg

Seems a great way to complicate what had been a relatively simple process in NXT4?  :(

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2019 at 8:34 PM, Brendon said:

It wouldn't work if only Creator (the big multi-menu thing) was running.  The only way I could get it to work was to run Roxio Burn, so this box was visible down in the bottom right of the screen.

rsb1.jpg.5d43160ff8119c7bc8da56314b3e2675.jpg

Then I had to right-click on the ISO and click the flaming disc option

rsb2.jpg.800f9bf24dc4c42ed90aa12c50e6979e.jpg

Doing that loaded the ISO into Roxio Burn and I then had to click the flaming disc which appeared on the right end of Roxio Burn.

rsb3.jpg.e4b5e7ffdcc5246be965d7fab92259ec.jpg

Seems a great way to complicate what had been a relatively simple process in NXT4?  :(

Ok I’ll try that. :)

True.

11 hours ago, grandpabruce said:

Good luck to you.

Thanks. :D