Clayton

Eject Disc

Question

Not sure if this is the correct group but I am having problems ejecting the disc from the drive after burning.

The eject button on the drive doesn't work.

I don't have the settings checked to eject disc after burning and the only way I can eject the disc is to goto My Computer and right click on the drive and select eject. then sometimes not all the time a error message pops up saying something about Creator9.exe.

Should the setting for ejecting disc after burning be checked?

3 answers to this question

If you want whatever Roxio program to eject the disc after it has finished writing, yes the box should be checked!

You might want to see if a firmware update for you drive is available. Roxio does not disable the button so something else is amiss there.

Not sure if this is the correct group but I am having problems ejecting the disc from the drive after burning.

The eject button on the drive doesn't work.

I don't have the settings checked to eject disc after burning and the only way I can eject the disc is to goto My Computer and right click on the drive and select eject. then sometimes not all the time a error message pops up saying something about Creator9.exe.

Should the setting for ejecting disc after burning be checked?

When you unchecked that box, you should have received a warning that the drive may not work as expected, after burning. I don't know why this would affect the burner, but I left the box checked.

Put a check in the box, and try it again. The only other thing that I have seen take control of the burner like that is Drag to Disc, which I don't have installed.

When you unchecked that box, you should have received a warning that the drive may not work as expected, after burning. I don't know why this would affect the burner, but I left the box checked.

Put a check in the box, and try it again. The only other thing that I have seen take control of the burner like that is Drag to Disc, which I don't have installed.

Try being patient, give it plenty of time to burn and finalize the disc. Iknow that after burning my first CD-R music discs my eject (in the software and on the drive itself) wouldn't let me eject for quite a few minutes, it takes time to finish the burn.