Patty

Great Day

Question

Great day in the Northwest........Seahawks are going to the Super Bowl................ :D:D:D:D:D:D:):huh:

Edited by nanaoneal

29 answers to this question

Congrats,though I do think they're gonna have their hands full with the boys from the Steel city.

Congrats,though I do think they're gonna have their hands full with the boys from the Steel city.

I am sure they will, but it is just wonderful that after 30 years they have made it there. Who knows strange things happen sometimes. I know a lot of people thought N.C. Panthers were going to win too, so we will just have to wait and see. I just hope they play the best they can and put in a good showing. Like I said, I am just thrilled they are finally going. :)

Edited by nanaoneal

I am sure they will, but it is just wonderful that after 30 years they have made it there. Who knows strange things happen sometimes. I know a lot of people thought N.C. Panthers were going to win too, so we will just have to wait and see. I just hope they play the best they can and put in a good showing. Like I said, I am just thrilled they are finally going. :)

That's excellent Patty. Now we just hope they get a good singer for the anthem!

I wish you and your team all the luck Patty

So that's what all that stupid noise was about last night??

Who I am is NOT defined by a bunch of individuals chasing a ball.

Lynn

So that's what all that stupid noise was about last night??

Who I am is NOT defined by a bunch of individuals chasing a ball.

Lynn

I don't think I am either Lynn, however, I do enjoy sports and have to admit I spent a good portion of the game standing up in my living room jumping up and down.

Edited by nanaoneal

I don't think I am either Lynn, however, I do enjoy sports and have to admit I spent a good portion of the game standing up in my living room jumping up and down.

Hey, Patty. I know the feeling. My Phil. Eagles finally made it to the "Big Dance" last year and I too was standing up in my living room jumping up and down.

Even though I am from Pennsylvania, I have no love for the Steelers. I hope the Seahawks prevail.

Good luck. Wait until next year, your Seahawks will have to beat out my Eagles. :)

Hey, Patty. I know the feeling. My Phil. Eagles finally made it to the "Big Dance" last year and I too was standing up in my living room jumping up and down.

Even though I am from Pennsylvania, I have no love for the Steelers. I hope the Seahawks prevail.

Good luck. Wait until next year, your Seahawks will have to beat out my Eagles. :)

Thanks Merv for the congrats, I am hoping they prevail over the Steels, however, I know it is a long shot. I hope it is a great game and if we win GREAT and if not we made it one step closer. I guess I would like to see the Northwest get some credit for their teams. It took a long time for the Mariners to get any recognition and I just hope the Seahawks can get some. Everyone deserves their time in the sun. Thank you again for the encouragement, we will need it. :huh: ....... Then maybe next year it will be your Eagles turn. Patty

Edited by nanaoneal

Hi ,

After looking at all these posts over the big game , ai was lucky to see a late night play of the match

here in New Zealand ( although i dont understand the rules to well as we dont even play this version of football in New Zealand) it was a cool game, i bet it would have been even better to be in the crowd and to cheer when the final call to end the game went off, and to know they got though....

Ill have to watch more to try to learn about it... as we play Rugby and scoccer here not grid iron.

Post back how the seahawks go at the super bowl, as you will know before us here in NZ,

I know you're not from there but I was the same way when I was watching Australian Rules Football.Cool game,just took awhile to pick up the rules. :)

Hi ,

After looking at all these posts over the big game , ai was lucky to see a late night play of the match

here in New Zealand ( although i dont understand the rules to well as we dont even play this version of football in New Zealand) it was a cool game, i bet it would have been even better to be in the crowd and to cheer when the final call to end the game went off, and to know they got though....

Ill have to watch more to try to learn about it... as we play Rugby and scoccer here not grid iron.

Post back how the seahawks go at the super bowl, as you will know before us here in NZ,

I know a little about Rugby and quite a lot about soccer. I have friends that played both and my son played soccer. American Football is not my favorite sport, but when the home team is playing it is. I know you know what I mean. I will keep you posted. I suppose you know it is a week from this coming sunday. They refer to the crowd (in Seattle) as the 12th man and you can see by the roar what they mean. If you have any interest at all you can log on www.king5.com and see some of the video that lets you hear how loud it was there. Thanks again for you comments..Patty

I know a little about Rugby and quite a lot about soccer. I have friends that played both and my son played soccer. American Football is not my favorite sport, but when the home team is playing it is. I know you know what I mean. I will keep you posted. I suppose you know it is a week from this coming sunday. They refer to the crowd (in Seattle) as the 12th man and you can see by the roar what they mean. If you have any interest at all you can log on www.king5.com and see some of the video that lets you hear how loud it was there. Thanks again for you comments..Patty

Ill make sure i that i tune into it .....

Guest mlpasley
Ill make sure i that i tune into it .....

Pun intended???? :)

I live in Western PA

Go Steelers.......... One for the thumb........

Hey Patty, don't be to down on the odds of Seattle winning. This mornings local paper does show them as the "under Dogs" but the line is only at 4. However your "12th Man" theory only works when you are playing at home. My bet is still on Seattle winning by 3. Sooooo----GO SEATTLE !!!! (Yeah, I am a west cost boy myself). Did I say BOY ?? Is that wrong !!!

Frank.......

Hey Patty, don't be to down on the odds of Seattle winning. This mornings local paper does show them as the "under Dogs" but the line is only at 4. However your "12th Man" theory only works when you are playing at home. My bet is still on Seattle winning by 3. Sooooo----GO SEATTLE !!!! (Yeah, I am a west cost boy myself). Did I say BOY ?? Is that wrong !!!

Frank.......

Thanks Frank, I, of course, hope they win, but I know the odds. Yes, I realize the 12th man is a home thing, however, I am hoping that they keep us in there minds and just "win one more for the gipper" as the very old saying goes. I just think it would be nice for someone that has never gone to the super bowl win. At least I hope they make a good game of it. No..thats not wrong to say BOY, that is unless you are a Girl. :) The team got a big send off today and a big parade yesterday so hopefully that will help there spirits. I just hope that enough people from here were able to get tickets so they have a good size rooting section. Thanks again.....

Patty

I am a New England Patriots season ticket holder, have been for 23 years. We got a little spoiled around here winning 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls. So do enjoy the moment, it is a wonderful feeling to have your team in the greatest game of them all. I can only hope for a great game, having no rooting interest. Both teams deserve to be there. And may I add that having been to 2 Super Bowls in person, it is much better to be at home watching the game.

I am a New England Patriots season ticket holder, have been for 23 years. We got a little spoiled around here winning 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls. So do enjoy the moment, it is a wonderful feeling to have your team in the greatest game of them all. I can only hope for a great game, having no rooting interest. Both teams deserve to be there. And may I add that having been to 2 Super Bowls in person, it is much better to be at home watching the game.

I am a New England Patriot fan, exept when the seahawks are involved. I lived in New England for 11 years and my children grew up there. So we are Patriot, Red Sox and Celtics fans unless the northwest teams are playing.. We are all enjoying it and will be glued to the T.V. set come sunday. Thanks for the words of encouragement. :)

With the disclosure of this new information, the only thing I can say is....... Go Seahawks!!!!! :)

So your 2nd choice won last year. Wouldn't it be great if your 1st choice won this year. Let the party begin!

With the disclosure of this new information, the only thing I can say is....... Go Seahawks!!!!! :D

So your 2nd choice won last year. Wouldn't it be great if your 1st choice won this year. Let the party begin!

Right on................... :huh::):D

I almost forgot. Lofa Tatupu and Matt Hasselbeck have Dads that both played for The New England Patriots! #$^@ good players. Both played local high school football. Their Dads still live in Greater Boston. Matt attended Boston College and Lofa attended The University Of Maine before transfering to USC, where his Dad Mosi went before being drafted by The Patriots. This has become a no-brainer. I really will be cheering for The Seahawks. The bloodlines of 2 of Seattle's best players come from Boston! :):huh:

I almost forgot. Lofa Tatupu and Matt Hasselbeck have Dads that both played for The New England Patriots! #$^@ good players. Both played local high school football. Their Dads still live in Greater Boston. Matt attended Boston College and Lofa attended The University Of Maine before transfering to USC, where his Dad Mosi went before being drafted by The Patriots. This has become a no-brainer. I really will be cheering for The Seahawks. The bloodlines of 2 of Seattle's best players come from Boston! :):huh:

There was another Washingtonian that used to play for the Patriots, wasn't it Elway. He came from college to the Patriots. Thanks again, I am so excited and since the Seahawks have never been to a Super Bowl, I just hope they are able to pull it off.

Elway played for The Broncos. You are thinking of Drew Bledsoe. He went to Washington State.

I realized that after I had already signed off, then I was gone all day. Sorry, I meant Drew. I don't know why I came up with Elway.......sorry. :huh::D:):D

Edited by nanaoneal

Personally, I'll be watching for the commercials. Not much of a football fan, though it's much more enjoyable if it's a "good" (close, competitive, nail-biter) game. Most of the year we mute the commercials and watch the programs, but for the SuperBowl, we often do it the other way. :)