Sign in to follow this  
gjsmithwick

Lack Of Support

Question

I am having a problem with Easy Media Creator 8. I have searched the database with no luck. I have tried the online chat for several hours. It's either not available or when I do get in I am number 7 or 8 in the queue and I get dropped before anyone ever answers. Is the support always this bad? On top of that, there is a $35 charge for phone support?

8 answers to this question

I am having a problem with Easy Media Creator 8. I have searched the database with no luck. I have tried the online chat for several hours. It's either not available or when I do get in I am number 7 or 8 in the queue and I get dropped before anyone ever answers. Is the support always this bad? On top of that, there is a $35 charge for phone support?

There is about a 7 minute queue for support right now, plus you get to speak with a technician before you are billed. If it's a problem specific to Creator 8 and not your system then you wouldn't be billed. It has been busy since the holidays however, everyone getting Creator under the tree :)

Try asking your question in the product specific forum and you may have some advice from a member of the community. You could also submit a webticket ( http://selfserve.roxio.com/ ) if your query is of a less time sensitive nature.

I posted an update in the discussion group. I opened a ticket in self service. I am on the phone now. I have been on hold for 37 minutes!!!!

Using Roxio 8, I get this error message trying to open a DVD project which I created with Roxio 7.5 -> Runtime Error! Program: ... Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator\VideoUI\VideoWave8.exe This application requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team

I posted an update in the discussion group. I opened a ticket in self service. I am on the phone now. I have been on hold for 37 minutes!!!!

Using Roxio 8, I get this error message trying to open a DVD project which I created with Roxio 7.5 -> Runtime Error! Program: ... Files\Roxio\Easy Media Creator\VideoUI\VideoWave8.exe This application requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team

Sorry I was out of the office for a bit....

Can you send me the saved project file to *email address removed* please?

Also, if you go to HELP --> ABOUT in VideoWave, what is the version/build number?

Sorry I was out of the office for a bit....

Can you send me the saved project file to *email address removed* please?

Also, if you go to HELP --> ABOUT in VideoWave, what is the version/build number?

I haven't received an e-mail from you with the file yet... I'll keep an eye out tomorrow.

Thanks.

I haven't received an e-mail from you with the file yet... I'll keep an eye out tomorrow.

Thanks.

Perhaps my problem is similar...I have Creator 8, version 3.0, build 3.0.91a...and upon launch a screen pops up wanting to install and the presence of DAO file keeps interfering...it has been suggested to delete the DAO...but another application uses it (ATI) and when I try to delete...I simply cannot...the system won't let me.

Plus I get the following error message...

Runtime Error!

Program:...es\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatchTray.exe

This applications has requested the Runtime in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I had the same luck trying to get teck support! Wonder why they cleaned all of the messages off the boards,you think it could be they don't won't potential customers to see how BAD a program they have release :) d???

Perhaps my problem is similar...I have Creator 8, version 3.0, build 3.0.91a...and upon launch a screen pops up wanting to install and the presence of DAO file keeps interfering...it has been suggested to delete the DAO...but another application uses it (ATI) and when I try to delete...I simply cannot...the system won't let me.

Plus I get the following error message...

Runtime Error!

Program:...es\Common Files\Roxio Shared\SharedCOM8\RoxWatchTray.exe

This applications has requested the Runtime in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Go to add/remove programs and uninstall DAO.

Then reboot, and the issue will be resolved.

I had the same luck trying to get teck support! Wonder why they cleaned all of the messages off the boards,you think it could be they don't won't potential customers to see how BAD a program they have release :) d???

Dude... relax. If you really just want to whine, do it elsewhere please.

Thanks.

Just as an update, I still haven't received an e-mail from you.... I'll be out of the office next week so unless you can get it to me early tomorow you'll need to contact technical support for assistance.