msgreenf

Popcorn 1.0.3 wont compress on intel mac

Question

I just upgraded to a macbook pro from a powerbook and now whenever I try to use Popcorn to compress a DVD i get an error that it can't compress. Anyone have any ideas? I also get the same error in toast when i try to compress movies in it.

Edited by msgreenf

3 answers to this question

Guest Preet at Roxio
I just upgraded to a macbook pro from a powerbook and now whenever I try to use Popcorn to compress a DVD i get an error that it can't compress. Anyone have any ideas? I also get the same error in toast when i try to compress movies in it.

Please refer to the information here regarding Intel Mac compatibility with Roxio's Mac software.

I am having this same problem with Toast 7.1.2 which is an Intel mac compatible software. Any other helpful ideas?

I am gettting the same error in toast and popcorn and it reads 'An error has occurred recompressing the video."

any ideas?

Thanks

Mitch

Edited by msgreenf

Guest Preet at Roxio
I am having this same problem with Toast 7.1.2 which is an Intel mac compatible software. Any other helpful ideas?

I am gettting the same error in toast and popcorn and it reads 'An error has occurred recompressing the video."

any ideas?

Thanks

Mitch

What type of video files are you using? How were the video files created? Try trashing the installation of Toast and Popcorn and then re-install it under a new user account with admin rights and see if you are getting the same error. Also please note the exact error message and error code.