• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

I would like to know just how long should the encoding process take for a full size production (3.9 Gig)? Of course this is a video (from digital camcorder) production. I also have Video Wave5 Power Edition. Would I be better off using that instead of the DVD Builder in Easy Creator 6 Platinum?? I would also like to know would I be able to burn in segments (DVD +R) or do I have to do the entire production at once? :)

I would like to know just how long should the encoding process take for a full size production (3.9 Gig)? Of course this is a video (from digital camcorder) production. I also have Video Wave5 Power Edition. Would I be better off using that instead of the DVD Builder in Easy Creator 6 Platinum?? I would also like to know would I be able to burn in segments (DVD +R) or do I have to do the entire production at once? :)

VW5? I know nothing about it, so I cannot say.

Render time is tied to your CPU. For a 1 hour production figure on:

500mhz = 8+ hours

1.0ghz = 4 hours

2.0ghz = 2 hours

3.0ghz = 1.5 hours

Any file you render in VW will be usable in V6.

Keep in mind V6 is only kept around for Win9x/NT computers. V7 and V8 are vastly superior but require XP/W2K to work.

You cannot split up any DVD Movie project. They are all or nothing.

There is a VR project which you can import what you have on an RW disc, and edit and re-burn. They suffer from a very low rate of compatibility with Players so they aren't much real use.

Guest mlpasley

Check out my answer to your post in VideoWave 5 PE here: http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=1317