• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wallysworld2007

wallysworld2007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:54 AM

I simply would like to know about a video production from digital camcorder.  I have both the Video Wave 5 and Creator 6 Platinum.  I have tried the DVD Builder, however the encoding process seems to take forever on a 3.9gig project.  Please  advise.

#2 ml

ml

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,048 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:15 AM

View Postwallysworld2007, on Jan 23 2006, 09:54 AM, said:

I simply would like to know about a video production from digital camcorder. I have both the Video Wave 5 and Creator 6 Platinum. I have tried the DVD Builder, however the encoding process seems to take forever on a 3.9gig project. Please advise.

The encoding is done by your computer, so how long it takes frequently depends on your hardware and how it is 'configured.'

What type of processor and what speed?  How large is your hard drive and is it partitioned?  Are you doing anything else on the computer at the same time (ie. DSL or cable - always on connection)?  What type of files and what type of 'extras... transitions, text, etc... are in your production.

How long (timewise) is that production and how long is 'forever'?   Do you defragment your hard drive between movies?

Sorry for all the questions, but lots of things can affect how long it takes to encode.
ml

flying squirrel......"It's more of a gliding thing....."

Intel® Core™2 Duo 2.2 Ghz desktop processor E4500;
3GB DDR2 memory;
DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive;
500GB SATA 7200 rpm hard drive;
Windows Vista Home Premium ,
ATI RADEON HD 2400,Built-in TV tuner , High-definition audio (8-speaker support), HDMI
Multiformat media reader,
IEEE 1394 (FireWire) interface and 6 high-speed USB 2.0 ports,
PCI card with 4 USB 2.0 and 2 IEEE 1394 ports,
10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users