5 replies to this topic

#1 rlinsurf

rlinsurf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:24 AM

I have an audio CD which looks like it's going to run over 80 min., and I really don't want to cut any tracks. I've heard that I can either overwrite the CD, or purchase 90 min. or even 99 min. CD-R's.

Can Toast 7.1 do either of these? If so, how?

And how would either play in a standard CD player once the disc was burned? Is one better than the other?

All My Best,
Jeffrey

Edited by rlinsurf, 09 December 2006 - 02:25 AM.

#2 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:42 AM

Toast cannot do either of those. You could make an MP3 CD that is playable in a MP3 CD player if you converted the audio to MP3 with iTunes prior to importing to Toast.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#3 rlinsurf

rlinsurf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:06 PM

View Posttsantee, on Dec 9 2006, 07:42 AM, said:

Toast cannot do either of those. You could make an MP3 CD that is playable in a MP3 CD player if you converted the audio to MP3 with iTunes prior to importing to Toast.

How about if I convert the files to FLAC before burning...?

And will those play in a standard CD player? (I'm afraid my family don't have CD MP3 players, so it has to be a standard CD).

All My Best,
Jeffrey

#4 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 01:38 PM

View Postrlinsurf, on Dec 9 2006, 12:06 PM, said:

How about if I convert the files to FLAC before burning...?

And will those play in a standard CD player? (I'm afraid my family don't have CD MP3 players, so it has to be a standard CD).

All My Best,
Jeffrey
You're in a tough spot. Do they have a DVD player? Those usually can play MP3 CDs. You also could use Toast to make a Music DVD that is playable on any DVD player.
I'm just a fellow Toast-user so please don't blame Roxio for any misguidance I may provide. And do let me know if your issue gets solved. Cheers from Eugene, Oregon!

#5 rlinsurf

rlinsurf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:00 PM

View Posttsantee, on Dec 9 2006, 01:38 PM, said:

You're in a tough spot. Do they have a DVD player? Those usually can play MP3 CDs. You also could use Toast to make a Music DVD that is playable on any DVD player.

One does, the rest don't :)

#6 tsantee

tsantee

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 03:11 PM

View Postrlinsurf, on Dec 9 2006, 03:00 PM, said:

One does, the rest don't :)
How about an auto-reverse cassette player? Maybe they have an old Walkman. You could record to two sides of a 90 minute cassette and there would just be the brief pause as the tape reversed direction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users