Daniel2255

Software uninstall

Question

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall my roxio completely from my computer. when i go through control panel it won't do it and now when i try to reinstaal it it gives me runtime errors. I just want to get rid of it for good.

Thanks Dan :)

8 answers to this question

Can anyone tell me how to uninstall my roxio completely from my computer. when i go through control panel it won't do it and now when i try to reinstaal it it gives me runtime errors. I just want to get rid of it for good.

Thanks Dan :)

Take a look at this knowledge base.

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

Take a look at this knowledge base.

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

I faithfully followed every line of those instructions and then restarted.

That danged Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 tried to start up again and again and again.

Talk about super sloppy programming. I did a lot of programming in the past. This junk is scattred so far and wide throughout my system that even Roxio does not know where they put what.

Poor job Roxio!!

Thanks Dan :(

If you have a Dell, Roxio has a sales contact with them that requires EMC to be installed on every machine they sell..... even the new Vostro line which is not supposed to have any extra software install. The product is purposely embedded so deeply that it is impossible to remove. Even if you think its gone... a careful check of the registry will show you otherwise.

If you have a Dell, Roxio has a sales contact with them that requires EMC to be installed on every machine they sell..... even the new Vostro line which is not supposed to have any extra software install. The product is purposely embedded so deeply that it is impossible to remove. Even if you think its gone... a careful check of the registry will show you otherwise.

You know that for a fact???

I was just reading through the requirements for me to install Vista on my laptop and it mentioned that I must uninstall BAckup MyPC, yet, like Dan, I can't find any mention of the software in the Control Panel uninstall routines. Can I uninstall just the backup program like Microsoft wants, or do I need to uninstall the whole thing? Thanks.

I was just reading through the requirements for me to install Vista on my laptop and it mentioned that I must uninstall BAckup MyPC, yet, like Dan, I can't find any mention of the software in the Control Panel uninstall routines. Can I uninstall just the backup program like Microsoft wants, or do I need to uninstall the whole thing? Thanks.

It is doubtful that you will get EMC 8 to run with Vista.