10 replies to this topic

#1 Pema_SE

Pema_SE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 05:01 AM

Hi,

I'm using Roxio cd & dvd creator 6 with a USB LG dvd burner. After updating my computer to Windows XP and installing Roxio again it can't seem to find the burner. I've updated the software with the latest patches downloaded from Roxio today but still no change.

It worked fine when I used Windows 2000.

I can see the dvd in my computer and if I put a cd or dvd in it that contains data I am able to read it.

When I start Roxio Creator classic it just asks me to put in a blank CD and at Default cd it says none.

Does anyone know what the problem is?

Additional information: Drag to disc works fine. I am able to format a disc and drag files to it.

Edited by Pema_SE, 14 December 2006 - 05:14 AM.

#2 ronalds173

ronalds173

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 08:02 AM

You say that you installed all the updates, but did you install the last one listed dealing specifically with this issue? If not, follow this link (without the quotation marks): "http://www.roxio.com...tesv6_plat.html[u]" and look at the "Drive Update," which is at the bottom of the screen. If you download and install this, it should correct your problem.  :)  Good Luck!

#3 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:02 AM

ronalds173 -

That patch is for the Platinum Version - the OP didn't say whether they had Platinum or Basic.

The last update to the software was 2003, and the last Drive-up patch was December 2004, so if OP says the latest patches have been applied, I'm inclined to accept that.

However, I'm not going to stick my neck out beyond that, with no idea of the computer specs (processor, memory, if there is a Video card, etc).  And I'm not sure if a firmware or driver update for the drive would be in order, altho when I first hooked up my printer to the WinXP SP2 I had to find a driver in order for the printer to be recognized.

If the burning program is Basic - if it is OEM software that came with the burner - there could be other factors, as well.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109, 14 December 2006 - 09:05 AM.

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:10 AM

To add to what Lynn said - if the softyware is in fact OEM (supplied with burner, computer or whatever and NOT supplied by Roxio) then all updates etc are down to the supplier.

The 'Basic' OEM editions are custom made for the suppliers and are non-standard and they accept the responsibility for any patches, updates, etc
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns. Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#5 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,219 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

View Postlynn98109, on Dec 14 2006, 10:02 AM, said:

ronalds173 -

That patch is for the Platinum Version - the OP didn't say whether they had Platinum or Basic.

The last update to the software was 2003, and the last Drive-up patch was December 2004, so if OP says the latest patches have been applied, I'm inclined to accept that.

<snip>

Lynn
Not meaning to be contentious, but that patch is the DU20041203.exe updater. The same file is delivered regardless of whether you download it from the Platinum page or the Basic one.

All the other updaters are specific to Platinum or Basic/Starter so should be obtained from the appropriate page.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,
BENQ DW1640, in XP Pro and Windows 7

"I did it until . . "

#6 Pema_SE

Pema_SE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

Dear all,

I've got all the updates. Even the drivers are the newest I could find on the Roxio Support page. Are there any other issues before I can get Roxio starting to burn my DVD's.

Regards,
Peter

#7 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,219 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:52 AM

Peter,

I don't know of any drivers on the Roxio Support page, so I worry about what you might have done.

If you're meaning the various updaters which are there, that's fine. Did you run the DriveUpdate patch DU20041203.exe after all the others?

Can you please give us:
(1) The drive ID which is shown for your drive, in Windows Device Manager when you click on the + alongside the CD/DVD icon showing the DVD/CD-ROM drives
(2) The Full version number in the two lines below 'Roxio Creator Classic' in the box which appears when you open Creator Classic and go to the top toolbar Help > About Creator Classic.
P4 @3.20GHz on Albatron PX-865PE Pro II with 2GB DDR-SDRAM, FX5900XT video, Viewsonic monitors,

"I did it until . . "

#8 Pema_SE

Pema_SE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:05 AM

View PostBrendon, on Dec 18 2006, 04:52 AM, said:

Peter,

I don't know of any drivers on the Roxio Support page, so I worry about what you might have done.

If you're meaning the various updaters which are there, that's fine. Did you run the DriveUpdate patch DU20041203.exe after all the others?

Can you please give us:
(1) The drive ID which is shown for your drive, in Windows Device Manager when you click on the + alongside the CD/DVD icon showing the DVD/CD-ROM drives
(2) The Full version number in the two lines below 'Roxio Creator Classic' in the box which appears when you open Creator Classic and go to the top toolbar Help > About Creator Classic.

This is exactly what I meant. I updated Roxio with the Driveupdate. Sorry for not being clearer.

However, I didn't have anymore time to wait so I downloaded the trial of Nero burning rom and burned my dvd. It worked just fine.

BR,
Peter

#9 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:32 AM

View PostPema_SE, on Dec 18 2006, 05:05 AM, said:

This is exactly what I meant. I updated Roxio with the Driveupdate. Sorry for not being clearer.

However, I didn't have anymore time to wait so I downloaded the trial of Nero burning rom and burned my dvd. It worked just fine.

BR,
Peter
I would expect a 2006 Nero Version, contomporary with Roxio EMC 9, to be able to recognize much newer drives than Roxio Version 6, which had it's last software update in 2003.

Your new toy will expire in 30 days.  Happy burning.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109, 18 December 2006 - 06:32 AM.

#10 cdanteek

cdanteek

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,187 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:12 AM

View Postlynn98109, on Dec 18 2006, 08:32 AM, said:

I would expect a 2006 Nero Version, contomporary with Roxio EMC 9, to be able to recognize much newer drives than Roxio Version 6, which had it's last software update in 2003.

Your new toy will expire in 30 days.  Happy burning.

Lynn

Pema_SE,

If downloading a trial version was your intention? Roxio has a 30 Trail of version 9 available!

cd
cd
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Computer Specs click show.
Spoiler

1.Click here   Beginners Guide - Blank DVD Media Type Definitions & What A Firmware Upgrade Is for Your Burner.
2.Click here Firmware HQ - site  dedicated to providing you with the latest firmware releases for your optical disc drives.  
3.Click here CD-DVD Speed
4.Click here CD-DVD Speed - A user guide
5.Click here Enabling/Checking DMA in Windows Vista, XP, 2000, Me, 9x.
6.Click hereYou can no longer access the CD drive or the DVD drive.
7.Click here Drive Not Recognized By Roxio, PX Engine 3_00_58a. Old Version<-> EMC 7.5 Up  PX Engine 4.18.16a. Update .Click here  PX Engine Fix, Click here The Latest 4.10.28a Click here
8.Click here  How to uninstall IE 7 and WMP 11.
9.Click here ImgBurn Current version: v2.5.8.0 (3,389 KB)  CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application
10.Click here InfoTool  (Drive, Disk, Configuration, Software, Hardware, DMA settings, etc.).
11.Click here   Complete Uninstall of Creator 2011 & Creator 2012
12.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)
13.Click here Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows XP)
14.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista  
15.Click here Complete Uninstall of Easy Media Creator 7.5,  8, 9, & 10 on Windows XP
16. Click here WinZip Data Compression Utility <>  Click here WinRAR Data Compression Utility   Click here 7-Zip Data Compression Utility
17. Click here Finding Your Computer Specs And Roxio Software Version Number.

E-mail spambots harvest e-mail addresses from material found on the Internet in order to build mailing lists for sending unsolicited e-mail, also known as spam. Such spambots are web crawlers that can gather e-mail addresses from Web sites, newsgroups, special-interest group (SIG) postings, and chat-room conversations. .

Do not post your email address on any public forum!  

#11 Brendon

Brendon

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • -8,382,219 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 02:15 PM

CD,

if the poster doesn't want to post the numbers in his Help/About box and is prepared to abandon some quite expensive software and leap off to another brand that quickly, then it's possible that he is either phenomenally rich, phenomenally impatient, or can get around trial versions.

"I did it until . . "

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users