Ken-s

Error #E80070057

When trying to make a photo DVD I get the message wrong parameter, error #E80070057. My support team for Gateway Computers says slowing the write speed might help. Mine shows only one write speed 1X(135OKB/sec. Don't know what to type in to change it. Any help is welcome. Thanks, Ken

1. There is a pinned post (FREQUENT ANSWERS) at the top of hte Forum. Please check that, and come back with enough information for us to be able to make some informed guesses.

2. If this came with your Gateway computer, it is probably an Gateway OEM Version (Original Eqpt Mfgr), and they would be the ones who would know what changes they made to the program.j

Start with (1) above.

Lynn

1. There is a pinned post (FREQUENT ANSWERS) at the top of hte Forum. Please check that, and come back with enough information for us to be able to make some informed guesses.

2. If this came with your Gateway computer, it is probably an Gateway OEM Version (Original Eqpt Mfgr), and they would be the ones who would know what changes they made to the program.j

Start with (1) above.

Lynn

The drive was a replacement in my Gateway PC. It is #HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4020B [CD-ROM drive] Gateway had me run some tests and their conclusion is the problem is with Roxio, not the drive. They are the ones who sugjested changing the write speed to a slower setting. :) Was not able to change the write speed. Was going to try 4X or 8X with no luck. I don't know how to find the hte forum. If found, what info is needed. Thanks, Ken-s

It wd appear on google that it is actually a burner (well, some problems turn out to be people assume they can burn with a DVD-ROM :)).

So some more requested info - please identify your processor (in MHz), how much RAM you have (in MB), and how much room on the Hard Drive - how much total, and how much free (in GB).

What is the source of the files, and what is the format of the files (the part after the dot, as in .jpg or .png, etc).

Sorry for all the questions, but the crystal ball is in shop getting a firmware upgrade :huh:

Lynn

It wd appear on google that it is actually a burner (well, some problems turn out to be people assume they can burn with a DVD-ROM :)).

So some more requested info - please identify your processor (in MHz), how much RAM you have (in MB), and how much room on the Hard Drive - how much total, and how much free (in GB).

What is the source of the files, and what is the format of the files (the part after the dot, as in .jpg or .png, etc).

Sorry for all the questions, but the crystal ball is in shop getting a firmware upgrade :huh:

Lynn

Now for the new problem. Now it does not request that a DVD be installed. Just called local Office Depot, the salesman recomends Nero above Roxio. Will be buying Monday if I can't get this going. I have to make DVD's for my photo business as soon as possible. Proccesser 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4.8 kilobyte primary memory cashe. 512 kilobyte memory cache. Hard drive free space 174.93 Gigabytesa, 203.92 total capacity. 512MB RDRAM PC1066 Memory. Files are from a folder. The files [photos] are jpeg. Thanks, Ken

Now for the new problem. Now it does not request that a DVD be installed. Just called local Office Depot, the salesman recomends Nero above Roxio. Will be buying Monday if I can't get this going. I have to make DVD's for my photo business as soon as possible. Proccesser 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4.8 kilobyte primary memory cashe. 512 kilobyte memory cache. Hard drive free space 174.93 Gigabytesa, 203.92 total capacity. 512MB RDRAM PC1066 Memory. Files are from a folder. The files [photos] are jpeg. Thanks, Ken

Back on Dec 28/06 you were asked if you were running Internet Explore 7, you never got back on here saying what version you had. I am not saying this is the problem, but it is one less possible problem that can be eliminated .

Does it work ok when you try to make a data cd using Creator Classic?

It would also be a good idea to get a firmware update on your burner (that model is at least 3 yrs old) ...contact Gateway for that.

Edited by ogdens

Back on Dec 28/06 you were asked if you were running Internet Explore 7, you never got back on here saying what version you had. I am not saying this is the problem, but it is one less possible problem that can be eliminated .

It would also be a good idea to get a firmware update on your burner (that model is at least 3 yrs old) ...contact Gateway for that.

Actually, google had a lot of listings for firmware updates on that - or anyway,that's what the summary looked like, I didn't click on the pages.

Lynn

Now for the new problem. Now it does not request that a DVD be installed. Just called local Office Depot, the salesman recomends Nero above Roxio. Will be buying Monday if I can't get this going. I have to make DVD's for my photo business as soon as possible. Proccesser 2.80 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4.8 kilobyte primary memory cashe. 512 kilobyte memory cache. Hard drive free space 174.93 Gigabytes, 203.92 total capacity. 512MB RDRAM PC1066 Memory. Files are from a folder. The files [photos] are jpeg. Thanks, Ken

I'm sure the salesman's commission will be helped if you buy Nero. Then again, computer specs need to be checked before considering downloading the 30-day trial for either Roxio EMC 9 or Nero's latest.

As to Internet Explorer 7, a point brought up by ogdens - since it causes problems with EMC 7, 7.5, and 8 (and a LOT of other software applications), it IS relevant whether you have accepted this "critical update" from Microsoft.

Lynn

The D port reconizes the disk again but still gives the parameter error. I am using an updated Internet Explorer 6. The burner has been updated. Will burn a CD in the E port but does not reconize the CD when in the D port.

The D port reconizes the disk again but still gives the parameter error. I am using an updated Internet Explorer 6. The burner has been updated. Will burn a CD in the E port but does not reconize the CD when in the D port.

This gets more and more confusing, lets try and get things sorted....

1 - You say you are using an "updated" IE 6.....to me that means you have Version 7....Please explain "updated"?.

2 - "The burner has been updated" .... did you get a firmware update for it and install ?

3 - Please define what you mean by a "port" as in "Will burn a CD in the E port"?.

So you were able to burn a Data CD (using Creator Classic in Roxio) in your DVD/CD-RW burner drive, and then put that same CD in your CD-ROM drive and it was not recognized.

Edited by ogdens

This gets more and more confusing, lets try and get things sorted....

1 - You say you are using an "updated" IE 6.....to me that means you have Version 7....Please explain "updated"?.

2 - "The burner has been updated" .... did you get a firmware update for it and install ?

3 - Please define what you mean by a "port" as in "Will burn a CD in the E port"?.

So you were able to burn a Data CD (using Creator Classic in Roxio) in your DVD/CD-RW burner drive, and then put that same CD in your CD-ROM drive and it was not recognized.

Forget it. Will buy Nero tomorrow.

Don't forget the current Version of Nero (6, I think) is equal yo Roxio Version 9. So it would not be comparable EXCEPT in that you need to check carefully that your computer exceeds the minimum system requirements.

Have fun on Nero's discussion boards ...

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109

Fine by me.....Good luck

:) When trying to make a photo DVD I get the message wrong parameter, error #E80070057. My support team for Gateway Computers says slowing the write speed might help. Mine shows only one write speed 1X(135OKB/sec. Don't know what to type in to change it. Any help is welcome. Thanks, Ken

?????????????

Maybe the OP was trying to c/p his problem to the Nero forum :)

Maybe the OP was trying to c/p his problem to the Nero forum :huh:

Or maybe Nero didn't work out, and he's trying to get back to Square One ... :)

Lynn