gi7omy

Hams 'r'Us

Question

57 answers to this question

I agree it shd be split or we'll be sayilng Happy New Year for months :huh:

Lynn

Well - there's Jewish New Year, Chinese New Year, probably a Hindu one too and a whole lot more :D

Ohh alright - I renamed the topic :)

Edited by gi7omy

Well - there's Jewish New Year, Chinese New Year, probably a Hindu one too and a whole lot more :huh:

Ohh alright - I renamed the topic :)

Another classic case of Guru drift, but any way , happy new year to you all to

There's a beautiful looking huge old Amplifier tube that I gave him years ago that I was going to make a table lamp out of, but then decided it was just to much trouble. it is a "250TL" No one has any any more, so it's a real antique :huh:

Frank...

Someone just sold a 250TL on eBay for $132.50, Frank.

http://cgi.ebay.com/EIMAC-250TL-TRANSMITTI...2QQcmdZViewItem

I have a box of 6V6s and a couple of 807s out in the garage somewhere. :)

Wow, maybe I ought to keep the one I have. The one on eBay looked like it was just the tube itself, without the original base socket it goes in. Mine has the the base socket too. Mine is still up at my Father-in Laws house. Maybe I can go get it and show it as an attachment. $132.50---not bad.

Frank...

Sounds nice Frank - but with the base, you could probably get double that price.

I'd hate to be with it tho when that forced air cooling kicks in (if Lynn thinks the Beast is bad, she really should hear a forced air-cooled linear in full song) :)

AH---Music to my ears :) When my 2KW amp was in full swing, you could look down inside the case through the holes in the top and see the two "3-400Z's" red hot and throbing--UMMMMMM---UMMMMMM--

Frank...

Ahh but don't forget the side effects Frank - with the cooling fans pouring a gale through the enclosure - who needed heating in the shack? :)

Nowadays - all solid state (well up to my legal max anyway )

Did you try that VOAProp program from G4ILO yet?