• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 James N

James N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:27 PM

[size=7]I have a Sony DCR-TVR250 camcorder which connects with a USB cable to my computer. the software supplied with the camera controls the camera just fine, but this Easy CD & DVD burner software will not. It acts like my camera is an analog camera.
I have logged a trouble ticket with roxio but have not rcvd a reply from them yet and also can not seem to find out where on their web site to see if anything has been answered there...
ayone know what i can do if anything?
Thanks
James N

#2 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

In general, USB connected cameras can't be captured by any of the Roxio programs (even EMC9 can't do it)

Your best bet is to capture using either the camera s/w or Windows Movie Maker and import the .avi file into ECD6 and render from there
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#3 ogdens

ogdens

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 03:52 PM

View PostJames N, on Jan 3 2007, 06:27 PM, said:

[size=7]I have a Sony DCR-TVR250 camcorder which connects with a USB cable to my computer. the software supplied with the camera controls the camera just fine, but this Easy CD & DVD burner software will not. It acts like my camera is an analog camera.
I have logged a trouble ticket with roxio but have not rcvd a reply from them yet and also can not seem to find out where on their web site to see if anything has been answered there...
ayone know what i can do if anything?
Thanks
James N

Also, Roxio no longer supports that version    http://forums.suppor...?showtopic=9334

#4 James N

James N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:12 PM

View Postogdens, on Jan 3 2007, 03:52 PM, said:

Also, Roxio no longer supports that version    http://forums.suppor...?showtopic=9334

Well, I saw where Roxio does not cover creator 6, " 1) We have a product called Easy CD & DVD Creator 6
:) 2) We have a different product called Easy CD & DVD Burning (in a red box). :huh:
3) The included software is actually very similar.

Item one was discontinued years ago and now support has ended (current content will remain in place on the web).  :D Item 2 is still sold as a bargain product and is still supported. :D
but they do Burner (in the red box) that is what i have...... and i have no problem in capturing the video with it, but it is suposed to also control the camera but it doesn't. In the help, it states that it will not control an analog camera, but it will a digital.... my camera is a digital...

Edited by James N, 03 January 2007 - 04:17 PM.

#5 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

Again, while I'm not sure if V.6 worked with FireWire, none of the Roxio programs accept digital video via USB.  You need either FireWire, or an alternate program for capturing, then burn with Roxio.  Bear in mind that, whether called Creator or Burning, there has been no software update since 2003, and won't be.  The current Version is EMC 9, but before considering the Trial Version of that, CHECK YOUR COMPUTER SPECS.  It demands an awful lot of computer.

Version 6 is a very basic Video editor.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109, 03 January 2007 - 04:28 PM.

#6 James N

James N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

View Postlynn98109, on Jan 3 2007, 04:26 PM, said:

Again, while I'm not sure if V.6 worked with FireWire, none of the Roxio programs accept digital video via USB.  [/color] Ok. well, you are wrtong about this point. I have already done 8 different captures and 3 different movies using my USB. The only problem I have encountered with the software is the control of the camera. You need either FireWire, or an alternate program for capturing, then burn with Roxio.  Bear in mind that, whether called Creator or Burning, there has been no software update since 2003, and won't be.  The current Version is EMC 9, but before considering the Trial Version of that, CHECK YOUR COMPUTER SPECS.  It demands an awful lot of computer.

Version 6 is a very basic Video editor.

Lynn
[color=#990000]as far as my equipment, HP notebook, Athalon 3200+, 512Mram (ya i want to kick it a bunch)
Like I said, The program works just great for what i need except for it NOT controlling the functions of the camera. I have to manually control the camera and hit the capture button provided by the program. just an annoyance but i hate when things don't work the way they are suposed to.

#7 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 06:15 AM

This is a basic function - no Roxio suite will control ANY camera that is connected via USB. In fact they even have problems with capture.

This is down to the camera and computer combination and nothing can alter that.

Camera control will ONLY work if the connection is Firewire (and even then may need a more recent program to get it to function correctly.

If your camera does have Firewire connection capability, you could try using a PCMCIA Firewire adaptor - but I can't guarantee that will work with v6

Edited by gi7omy, 04 January 2007 - 06:17 AM.

If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#8 James N

James N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 05:31 PM

Ok... i got the firewire after a lot of searching in my area. My laptop only has a 4 wire connector and so does the camera, but after about 6 different stores i got one, and that works. Everything now works properly. no errors doing anything except the "direct to DVD" function which it is because my camera isn't a DVD camera i am guessing.
Thanks everyone and i hope each and everyone who is having some sort of trbl with this gets their's working also  :)
James

#9 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 06:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback and glad it's working for you - have a great time taking those happy snappies and don't forget to shout 'CUT' then the subject is about to step backwards into the pool :)

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users