Very Music

JAM- doesn't show song titles after burning

Question

How can I make sure all the added cd info (mastering info, track and cd titles, ISRC codes are imbedded correctly? It doesn't show up after burning. I am ready to send my cd to the mastering plant. Help please!

I was running 6.01 (on Mac OS 10.4.6) it showed my track titles when playing on a conventional cd player.

When I added the cd info and ISRC and it couldn't finish the burning process without an "buffer underrun" error.

So I upgraded to 6.03. No buffer underrun problems anymore but no Track titles when I play cd on a conventional cd player.

Thanks

Marc

18 answers to this question

Insert your burned audio CD and choose Disc Info from the Recorder Settings menu in Jam. You'll see any CD Text info that's on the disc.

Is it not possible to add track names etc, when you have already imported an audio file into Jam? How do i get all the infomation, tracks names, owner, CD Tile etc burnt onto a CD, from Jam?

The only way i can seem to do it is if i first import the audio files into itunes, then add all the track names and info i want there, then import the new audio/s file into Jam. Is this what i need to do then?

I thought jam would have let me add this info, as it lets you add ISRC codes etc.

Im using Jam 5 and and Toast 6,

Thanks,

Ant

Is it not possible to add track names etc, when you have already imported an audio file into Jam? How do i get all the infomation, tracks names, owner, CD Tile etc burnt onto a CD, from Jam?

Ant

Choose CD Text Info... from the Jam Disc menu to enter the track, album and artist info.

Hi,

There doesent appear to be a "CD Text Info" option on the Jam Disc Menu, on Jam 5.0.1? Only thing there does seem to be is a "Mastering Info", but that doesent burn the information onto a CD?

Ant

Hi,

There doesent appear to be a "CD Text Info" option on the Jam Disc Menu, on Jam 5.0.1? Only thing there does seem to be is a "Mastering Info", but that doesent burn the information onto a CD?

Ant

I don't have Jam 5 on my Mac so I can't check it out. If choosing Mastering Info gets you the windows for enter track, album and artist information then that is where you enter CD Text info. The problem is that Macs don't read CD Text so you can't tell if it is there.

I know I can check the contents of CD Text info written to a disc by inserting the burned disc and choosing Disc Info in the Recorder menu in either Jam 6, Toast 7 or Toast 8. You may be able to see it with Jam 5 as well. If not, there is an Applescript called CD Text to CD Info at www.dougscripts.com that will automatically transfer CD Text Info to your Mac's cdinfo database file so the info will appear in the Finder and in iTunes.

Hi,

unfortunally choosing Mastering Info doesent give an option to enter track, album and artist information. It only offers, Date, Tile, Artist, Producer, Copywrite, and Comment, which it says, it doesent get recorded onto the CD. Only gets used for the saved Jam File.

So it appears you cant add song titles and other information to audio files using Jam 5. What a pain.

Yes, i can use Toast 6 to see what text information is on a disc, in "Recorder menu, Disc Info", but i cant seem to add that inforation to audio files already in jam, before burning.

Ant

Here's another I'd love to see if someone can duplicate:

in Jam 6 -- enter your CD Text and burn the disc... All is well ... CD player shows text.. Everyone happy.

Then:

Save your file, quit Jam.

Relaunch Jam, opening the same file.

Burn another disc

CD player no longer shows the text. Children cry ... Flowers wilt.. The sun goes black.

Go back to Jam, check the CD-Text -- it's still in there ... but does not make it to the CD.

I'm graying some hair on this one too.

In case anyone asks, I've just updated to 6.0.3 .. Using a Plextor Plexwriter Premium II in an OWC enclosure, connected to a G4 running OSX 10.4.8 ... should be fine.

Replying to my own post, it seems it might have been some corruption of a preferences file. The "enable CD-Text" checkbox in the prefs was being ignored. Trashing the prefs in the user>library>preferences folder made it work (for the time being). I'll check it again sometime and see if there's something that repeatably happens to causes this corruption, but for now, it does seem to work. (in case anyone was interested)

Replying to my own post, it seems it might have been some corruption of a preferences file. The "enable CD-Text" checkbox in the prefs was being ignored. Trashing the prefs in the user>library>preferences folder made it work (for the time being). I'll check it again sometime and see if there's something that repeatably happens to causes this corruption, but for now, it does seem to work. (in case anyone was interested)

Did you get this to work? Thanks. -Mike-

This didn't fix the problem for me. I have since tried reinstalling Jam 6.0.1, then updating to 6.0.3. After burning an audio cd with both versions, I still got the same thing. Yes, the "enable CD-Text" checkbox is checked. No CD text shows up when the disk is mounted, opened in iTunes, or played on my car stereo. When I select "recorder>disk info" in the Jam menu, the names are there however.

Any luck anyone?

This didn't fix the problem for me. I have since tried reinstalling Jam 6.0.1, then updating to 6.0.3. After burning an audio cd with both versions, I still got the same thing. Yes, the "enable CD-Text" checkbox is checked. No CD text shows up when the disk is mounted, opened in iTunes, or played on my car stereo. When I select "recorder>disk info" in the Jam menu, the names are there however.

Any luck anyone?

iTunes and the Mac OS don't read CD Text so it makes sense it doesn't appear there. If your car stereo supports CD Text info then it should appear. You've confirmed that the CD Text info is on the disc because it appears in the Jam Disc Info window.

In order to have the information appear in iTunes or in the Finder you need to have the CD Text info transferred to the cdinfo database file in your User Library. This can be done by entering information manually in iTunes or using the CD Text to CD Info applescript available at Dougscripts.com.

iTunes and the Mac OS don't read CD Text so it makes sense it doesn't appear there. If your car stereo supports CD Text info then it should appear. You've confirmed that the CD Text info is on the disc because it appears in the Jam Disc Info window.

Another way to confirm that your CD-Text has made it to your master's subcode is to run drutil in the Terminal app.. Just launch Terminal, pop in the burned CD, and type drutil cdtext .

Good luck.

How can I make sure all the added cd info (mastering info, track and cd titles, ISRC codes are imbedded correctly? It doesn't show up after burning. I am ready to send my cd to the mastering plant. Help please!

I was running 6.01 (on Mac OS 10.4.6) it showed my track titles when playing on a conventional cd player.

When I added the cd info and ISRC and it couldn't finish the burning process without an "buffer underrun" error.

So I upgraded to 6.03. No buffer underrun problems anymore but no Track titles when I play cd on a conventional cd player.

Thanks

Marc

I have a simular question. I'm mixing different songs but not from a CD just from my desktop so how do I keep the titles?

In order to have the information appear in iTunes or in the Finder you need to have the CD Text info transferred to the cdinfo database file in your User Library. This can be done by entering information manually in iTunes or using the CD Text to CD Info applescript available at Dougscripts.com.

Where exactly is that on Dougs scripts?

I found CD Text to CD Info applescript available at Dougscripts.com. but when I installed it could not find it in user Library then I looked in iTunes menu and couldn't find it. I'm having the same title not showing up after I burn in JAM. I would just use toast but there is no way to increase or decrease the gain in toast, I thinK?

jbechdel@comcast.net

Thanks fellas. I dl'ed the CD Text to CD Info script. I'll let ya know if I have any further ?s when I try it out.

I'm having no luck with seeing the titles. I took a burned JAM disk, copied it over to a TOAST window then you could se the titles but after burning in Toast still no titles.

I'm having no luck with seeing the titles. I took a burned JAM disk, copied it over to a TOAST window then you could se the titles but after burning in Toast still no titles.

Seeing the titles with what device? If you are referring to seeing the titles on you Mac that isn't going to happen without the titles being written to your Mac's cdinfo database file. If you insert the previously burned audio CD and choose Disc Info in the Recorder menu the track names will appear in the Disc Info window if there is CD Text included on the disc. If the track info doesn't appear then no CD Text was burned to the disc.

The CD Text to CD Info applescript (if installed after downloading from dougscripts.com) is accessed in iTunes under the Scripts menu which is between the Window menu and the Help menu. Insert an audio CD containing CD Text and then select that applescript. After doing this the track info will appear each time you insert the disc on that Mac. It won't appear on any other computer, though, without doing something similar.