• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 BobL2

BobL2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:30 AM

Using Roxio EMC 8, building a Videowave production is fairly easy and it plays great on my computer.  HOWEVER, using DVD Express in Videowave I cannot burn a production to disc.  It is about 2gb in length.
I consistently receive a 80004005 encoding error.  When saving this production to "disc image file" on my hard drive I receive a 80045018 error "while opening project".   Previously I encountered the same errors with a larger production, approx. 3.9gb in length.  But I was able to burn to disc by sending it from Videowave to MyDVD and then burning.  This workaround does not work with shorter production.  To solve this problem I have tried the following:
- updated EMC-8 on-line
- downloaded and ran 80004005 hot fix from Roxio.
- requested latest driver revision from Teac (DVD drive manufacturer) to compare with mine.
- tried burning with Mcafee disabled
- checked hard drive (it does not need defragmenting)
- tried different media, DVD+RW and DVD-R, same as used in good burn with larger production
- read and reread Forum discussions.  Have not found a fix there but somehow may have missed it.

The only thing I can think of that is different between the two productions other than length is I did install a 500gb Western Digital external drive on a USB port and it works great.  I did this to free up virtual memory, plus free up hard drive space.  I can not move my video clips for this production from the external drive to
the hard drive, due to lack of space.

To solve this problem  I would be willing to involve Roxio Tech Support or upgrade to EMC 9 but I don't have a warm feeling that either of these options would solve my problems.  Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.  As a last resort I could go back to EMC-7.5, that version worked great, however I would probably have to reassemble my production.    Technical info follows:

-  System -  Dell Dimension 4600i
-  Processor - Intel Pentium 4, 2.66ghz
-  Memory - 256mb
-  Operating system - Windows XP version 5.1 (build 2600) service pack 2
-  DVD drive - Teac DVD+RW DV-W58E, driver version 5.1.2535.0
-  Total memory - 1799052kb
-  Total memory available - 331124kb
-  Free space on c: -  54904mb
-  EMC 8 version - (build 805B56B ENU)

Thanks,  Bob

#2 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 09:05 PM

View PostBobL2, on Jan 29 2007, 12:30 PM, said:

Using Roxio EMC 8, building a Videowave production is fairly easy and it plays great on my computer. HOWEVER, using DVD Express in Videowave I cannot burn a production to disc. It is about 2gb in length.
I consistently receive a 80004005 encoding error. When saving this production to "disc image file" on my hard drive I receive a 80045018 error "while opening project". Previously I encountered the same errors with a larger production, approx. 3.9gb in length. But I was able to burn to disc by sending it from Videowave to MyDVD and then burning. This workaround does not work with shorter production. To solve this problem I have tried the following:
- updated EMC-8 on-line
- downloaded and ran 80004005 hot fix from Roxio.
- requested latest driver revision from Teac (DVD drive manufacturer) to compare with mine.
- tried burning with Mcafee disabled
- checked hard drive (it does not need defragmenting)
- tried different media, DVD+RW and DVD-R, same as used in good burn with larger production
- read and reread Forum discussions. Have not found a fix there but somehow may have missed it.

The only thing I can think of that is different between the two productions other than length is I did install a 500gb Western Digital external drive on a USB port and it works great. I did this to free up virtual memory, plus free up hard drive space. I can not move my video clips for this production from the external drive to
the hard drive, due to lack of space.

To solve this problem I would be willing to involve Roxio Tech Support or upgrade to EMC 9 but I don't have a warm feeling that either of these options would solve my problems. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. As a last resort I could go back to EMC-7.5, that version worked great, however I would probably have to reassemble my production. Technical info follows:

- System - Dell Dimension 4600i
- Processor - Intel Pentium 4, 2.66ghz
- Memory - 256mb
- Operating system - Windows XP version 5.1 (build 2600) service pack 2
- DVD drive - Teac DVD+RW DV-W58E, driver version 5.1.2535.0
- Total memory - 1799052kb
- Total memory available - 331124kb
- Free space on c: - 54904mb
- EMC 8 version - (build 805B56B ENU)

Thanks, Bob

You missed perhaps the most important hardware spec: the video card. Most likely you have on-board video which in most cases is not able to handle all of the video functions. Only 256MB of memory is also limiting factor.

BTW, the best method to burn to DVD is the method you called a workaround. Most of us avoid using any kind of Wizards such as DVD Express.

Edited by myguggi, 29 January 2007 - 09:08 PM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#3 BobL2

BobL2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:26 AM

Thanks for the response,  I overlooked this important info.   My Display Adapter is an Intel 82865G Graphics Controller with 96mb of memory.  I updated it to the latest revision PV14.17, this did not correct my problems.  Looking at the Intel web site for this hardware I could not find info regarding increasing the memory for this adapter.   Looking at the specs for my computer it lists the following memory:
CHANNEL A DIMM 0     256 MB
CHANNEL B DIMM 0     256 MB

I am a computer novice,  is this insufficient memory for what I am trying to do?  Thanks again for you help, and any suggestions are appreciated,    Bob

#4 Larry

Larry

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,228 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 09:44 AM

View PostBobL2, on Jan 30 2007, 11:26 AM, said:

Thanks for the response,  I overlooked this important info.   My Display Adapter is an Intel 82865G Graphics Controller with 96mb of memory.  I updated it to the latest revision PV14.17, this did not correct my problems.  Looking at the Intel web site for this hardware I could not find info regarding increasing the memory for this adapter.   Looking at the specs for my computer it lists the following memory:
CHANNEL A DIMM 0     256 MB
CHANNEL B DIMM 0     256 MB

I am a computer novice,  is this insufficient memory for what I am trying to do?  Thanks again for you help, and any suggestions are appreciated,    Bob
That is a video adapter built on to your motherboard that uses shared memory. It also does not support all of the functions of DirectX9 which the software requires. You'll need to get a video card that supports directX9 to use the software properly.
Larry
Registered Member Creator 2010 Pro, Creator 2009 Ultimate, EMC 10, 9, 8 Deluxe, 7.5, 7, ECDC 6,5,4

Dell Precision WorkStation 450 / 2 - Intel Xeon 2.80ghz CPU w/HT, 512mb L2 Cache, 533mhz Bus / 2gb RAM / 1800gb+ HDD's / NVIDIA GeForce 6200 / Lite-On 165H6S CD DVD+/- DVD+/-DL /  Plextor PX-708UF /
Hauppage WinTV HVR-950Q / Hauppage WinTV PVR PCI II 250 / Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 / XP Pro SP3 / Windows 7

#5 BobL2

BobL2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:44 AM

Thanks Larry for your response.    Do you have any recommendations as to which adapter to purchase that will support DirectX9?  Is it a box  that installs externally or a card internally?  Either way will it interfere with my motherboard version?  Maybe you are not the one to ask all these questions of, and if not perhaps you can refer me to a web site or someone else.  Thanks again,  Bob

#6 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

If you add a dedicated card, you would just have to make sure the onboard one is disabled - it will noty affect any other component or setting

To see what you need, open the case and look inside (looking from the back of the case)

If all the card slots are white - it's PCI
If the right hand one is brown - it's AGP
If the right hand one is black - it's PCIe

They aren't interchangable so make certain you get the right one
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#7 BobL2

BobL2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 08:50 AM

View Postgi7omy, on Jan 30 2007, 11:53 AM, said:

If you add a dedicated card, you would just have to make sure the onboard one is disabled - it will noty affect any other component or setting

To see what you need, open the case and look inside (looking from the back of the case)

If all the card slots are white - it's PCI
If the right hand one is brown - it's AGP
If the right hand one is black - it's PCIe

They aren't interchangable so make certain you get the right one

#8 BobL2

BobL2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:01 AM

Thanks for your comments and suggestions.  I'm still debating what to do.  I do not use my computer for video games so I don't know if I need directx9.  All I want to do is capture  video from my camera and burn it to DVD.   I think I will  uninstall EMC-8 and go back to EMC-7.5.  Thanks again.     Bob

#9 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:09 AM

DirectX isn't just for games - more and more programs are using that API to do things. It's the same with .NET framework - there are programs now that depend on that
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#10 myguggi

myguggi

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,734 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:12 AM

View PostBobL2, on Jan 31 2007, 12:01 PM, said:

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I'm still debating what to do. I do not use my computer for video games so I don't know if I need directx9. All I want to do is capture video from my camera and burn it to DVD. I think I will uninstall EMC-8 and go back to EMC-7.5. Thanks again. Bob

DirectX 9 is not used only by video games. You will need DirectX 9c to capture video and burn DVDs, even EMC 7/7.5 requires that.

Edited by myguggi, 31 January 2007 - 09:13 AM.

Walt

Dell Dimension 4500S;Windows XP Home Edition  SP3; Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.00GHz, 784MB RAM
(NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200, 128 MB memory disabled because of failure)
Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller; DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
SoundMAX Digital Audio
SamsunG CDR/DVD-ROm SM 332B
HLDS GSA-5120D External LG Super-Multi ReWriter
WDC WD400BB-75DEA0, 40 GB HD; Prolific PL3507 Combo External Hard Drive, 80 GB; Maxtor 6 L200R0 USB Hard Drive, 250GB

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook; Intel Duo CPU 64 bit, T6400 @ 2.0Ghz; 4.0 GB RAM; Vista Home Premium 64bit
Toshiba MK3252GSX ATA 286GB hard drive; HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T50L ATA burner
Intel 4Series Express Chipset

#11 BobL2

BobL2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:44 PM

View Postmyguggi, on Jan 31 2007, 10:12 AM, said:

DirectX 9 is not used only by video games. You will need DirectX 9c to capture video and burn DVDs, even EMC 7/7.5 requires that.

#12 BobL2

BobL2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 12:54 PM

Ah the mysteries of computers.    I uninstalled emc8, reinstalled emc7.5 and could not get to first base.   When burning to disc I received a " Sorry DVD builder needs to close"  and the program locked up.  Had to go through the "end this task" routine to recover.  So I thought I would bite the bullet, uninstall emc7.5, reinstall emc8 and buy a new graphics controller.  I reinstalled emc8, updated and now it works.  Go figure!
It's enough to drive a sane person nuts, my wife says not to worry, computer users are not sane.

#13 The Highlander

The Highlander

You can't drown, you fool, you're immortal!

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,253 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 01:06 PM

View PostBobL2, on Feb 1 2007, 09:54 AM, said:

my wife says not to worry, computer users are not sane.

Now come on , play nice now  :D  :huh:  :)
The Highlander
"There can be only one!"

Custom Made PC
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. P55-UD3(Dule PCI-E MB)
ATI Radeon HD 7770 Series [Display adapter] GDDR5 Video cards in crossfire mode
Cool-master 850watt PSU
2.93 gigahertz Intel Core i7 870
ASUS DRW-2014L1T DVDRW Drive
12Gb DDR1333 Megabytes Ram
Multi Flash Reader USB Device
OCZ-VERTEX2 [SSD Hard drive] (40.02 GB)
3x ST3500418AS Sata 2[Hard drive] (500.11 GB)
Seagate Go Flex Free agent NAS Device [Hard drive] (1 TB)
Cool master pro case & Cooling system
Dule LG Flatron 23" LED Screens
Logitech 7.1 surround sound system    
HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m

Windows 8 Pro (x64),
Easy Media Creator Pro 2012, Easy Media Creator Pro 2011, Easy Media Creator Pro 2010

#14 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 02:21 PM

You don't need to be crazy to be here (but it does help) :)

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#15 yellowfin

yellowfin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:40 AM

I, like many here, am frustrated beyond belief. I am not a cpu novice. I had video wave 7, which was working fine for a while until one day, it locked up on me and would would cause the preogram to shut down while attempting to burn dvd. ok. I could not figure it out. SO, I purchased the Roxio PhotoSuite and VideoWave Premier Suite 8.....Bad idea. Error after error. No support online, and no help with customer support. I purchased a brand new video card, GForce 8600 Xtreme, 256mb DDR3.
Still, same errors, you know, error while encoding movie, error while encoding menu...same thing time and time again. My system is a dell, P4 3GHZ with 4G of ram.
There is no logical reason that this program will not work . I have updated everything you can think of or what has been suggested, video card, dvd drive, etc.
But still, same errors over and over again. Now I am faceed with 15 hours wasted to try and fix this, the money I spent on this wothless program and a big fat NO for a refund, and yet still, I am trying.
I am pleading to anyone who can help. I use vde7 for slide shows presentations for work, and now I acn do absolutely nothing. I am dead in the water. Can somone please help me or suggest a software program like Roxio PhotoSuite and VideoWave Premier Suite 8 that will just WORK!!

Thank you in advance.

Mike

#16 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 06:50 AM

First of all - what OS are you using (EMC8 will NOT work in Vista)

Second - did you install either Internet Explorer 7 and/or Windows Media Player 11?

You said you had updated the video drivers - did you also download and install the latest DirecX (9.0c, Feb release) from MS? This doesn't get added in updates - it has to be manually installed

Both IE7 and WMP11 will wreck EMC8. If you installed them, remove them

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#17 yellowfin

yellowfin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:43 AM

View Postgi7omy, on Feb 10 2007, 06:50 AM, said:

First of all - what OS are you using (EMC8 will NOT work in Vista)

Second - did you install either Internet Explorer 7 and/or Windows Media Player 11?

You said you had updated the video drivers - did you also download and install the latest DirecX (9.0c, Feb release) from MS? This doesn't get added in updates - it has to be manually installed

Both IE7 and WMP11 will wreck EMC8. If you installed them, remove them

I have directX9
i have the WMP that came with the OS, and I would never update to WMP11
I also have never updated IE

#18 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:49 AM

You almost certainly have DirectX 9 - but did you update it ?

9.0c is needed for rendering - the older version won't work

Also, did you update the video drivers from the card maker's site (not from Dell as their drivers tend to be out of date)?

Edited by gi7omy, 10 February 2007 - 07:51 AM.

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

#19 yellowfin

yellowfin

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:55 AM

View Postgi7omy, on Feb 10 2007, 07:49 AM, said:

You almost certainly have DirectX 9 - but did you update it ?

9.0c is needed for rendering - the older version won't work

Also, did you update the video drivers from the card maker's site (not from Dell as their drivers tend to be out of date)?

all drivers are properly updated

#20 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 08:02 AM

One last thing to try - then I'm stumped

http://forums.suppor...amp;#entry17076

Read what Patrick says there.

One other thing that has been known to happen is the power saving of XP kicking in during a render (it starts the screensaver and then powers down the monitor after a while).

A suggestion by Gary in another hread was this:

Go to the DIsplay Properties
Click on the Screensaver TAB
In the Lower right corner, click on the POWER button.
In the Power Scheme section, click on the drop-down list and select 'ALWAYS ON'

Daithi

Home Brew computer
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
22" Acer P223W monitor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users