• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 follyanna

follyanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

I really want to get emc 7.5 out of my computer. When I try to un install I get...THIS PATCH PACKAGE COULD NOT BE OPENED. VERIFY THAT THE PATCH PACKAGE EXIST AND YOU CAN ACCESS IT, OR CONTACt APPLICATION VENDOR TO VERRIFY THAT THIS IS A VALID WINDOWS INSTALLATION PATCH PACKAGE.
I'm so sick of all this complicated stuff. Locking up, trying to uninstall and reinstall, cd id's ya da ya da. ya da ..This is suppose to be fun? I've had great programs before "Avid", never had this kind of problems.It use to be simple .Please tell me how to get all of this Roxio stuff out of my conputer. Thanks....Oh...once before I was told to get some kind of ms cleaner to get this out. Right...it crashed my computer. Do I need a geek?

#2 lynn98109

lynn98109

Digital Master

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 February 2007 - 07:15 PM

What is your Operating System?  How much power do you have in the processor (in MHz or GHz), how much RAM memory (in MB), how much available space (in GB or MB)?

Is this a download or from a CD?

Did it used to work and now won't, or did it never work?

Have you added/changed anything else on the system recently?

Lynn

#3 follyanna

follyanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:07 PM

View Postlynn98109, on Feb 1 2007, 07:15 PM, said:

What is your Operating System?  How much power do you have in the processor (in MHz or GHz), how much RAM memory (in MB), how much available space (in GB or MB)?

Is this a download or from a CD?

Did it used to work and now won't, or did it never work?

Have you added/changed anything else on the system recently?

Lynn

XP Media Center Edition -----Installed from CD...3.20 gig pent 4...142.44 gig free space..Dumped some programs..pictures..video clips.  This program has always been a little squirrely to me.Just want it out of my computer.Won't uninstall. says this patch could not be opened....HELP

Edited by follyanna, 03 February 2007 - 02:08 PM.

#4 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:10 PM

Try this - download and run it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Just set it to clean anything 'Roxio' from your system

If that is crashing your system, something is seriously flaky and you may have to consider a re-format and re-install as something somewhere is badly corrupted

Edited by gi7omy, 03 February 2007 - 02:12 PM.

If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#5 follyanna

follyanna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

View Postgi7omy, on Feb 3 2007, 02:10 PM, said:

If that is crashing your system, something is seriously flaky and you may have to consider a re-format and re-install as something somewhere is badly corrupted
Thank you I shall try that after my husband burns his cd's. I don't want to lose all of the old lp's he's recorded. I will post after I try this suggestion. thanks again.

#6 motormadmarc

motormadmarc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:57 AM

QUOTE (gi7omy @ Feb 3 2007, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi there gi7omy      rolleyes.gif

I too was having problems uninstalling roxio from my pc so i downloaded that link you provided for the microsoft removal tool and it completely removed ROXIO from my system       happy.gif

This seems to have caused however a slight problem in itself   :  Every time i turn on my pc i get a message from the WINDOWS installer telling me that there is a related problem with  NORTON INTERNET SECURITY and to reinstall the programme      mad.gif

All the options in  N I SECURITY seem to be working fine though .

Any solution  possible ???

Many thanks

Mark       wink.gif

#7 gi7omy

gi7omy

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,033 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:09 AM

Better asking Norton on that - I don't use it myself (found it's been very flaky over the past few years)
If it ain't broke, fiddle with it until it breaks, then fiddle with it until you get it fixed

"Rincewind could scream for mercy in nineteen languages and just scream in another forty-four "

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that will do them in."

“Computers have enabled people to make more mistakes faster than almost any invention in history, with the possible exception of tequila and hand guns.” — Mitch Ratcliffe

Daithi

Home Brew computer
Intel I7 950 on Gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo
12 GB Three Channel DDRAM
Radeon HD4850 512 MB GDR3 graphics
Signalink USB Audio Codec for ham radio connection
1 x 160 GB, 1 x 330 GB, 1 x 400 GB IDE drives
4 x 250 GB SATA 2
LG HL-DT-ST GGW-H20L BD-RE drive
22" Acer P223W monitor

EMC 7.5 on Windows XP 32 SP3
EMC10 on Windows XP64 SP2
Creator 2011 on Windows 7 Ultimate
ECD6 on Gentoo Linux (running under VMWare)

#8 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:37 AM

By running the Windows Install Cleanup Utility you in no way delete the program.All you do is delete files that have to do with the installation routine.I'd wager that if you were to look at your machine with Explorer that you'd still find folders named Roxio with files in them.
Running WICU basically tells Windows that the program is no longer installed on your machine,that's all.Make sure that you look at your drive and delete any remaining folders that have to do with Roxio.
As far as Norton goes I'd reinstall it just like it says.

Here's what I'm saying,this is from that same KB article:

The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not perform the following functions:
• Remove Windows Installer
Remove files of any programs that are installed by Windows Installer, such as Microsoft Office 2003
The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does perform the following functions:
• Provides a dialog box in which you can select one or more programs that were installed by Windows Installer

To do this, select the programs that you want in the Installed Products list in the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box. After you make this selection, the utility removes only the Windows Installer configuration information that is related to those programs.
Removes the files and registry settings that make up the Windows Installer configuration information for programs that you select
If you use this utility to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for your program and you plan to reinstall the program, you should reinstall the program in the same folder where you originally installed it. This prevents duplication of files on your hard disk or disks.

Edited by tbrewst, 28 February 2007 - 08:40 AM.

"Mild-mannered Supermen
Are held in kryptonite
And the wise and foolish virgins giggle
With there bodies glowing bright
And through the door a harvest feast
Is lit by candle light
It's the bottom of a staircase
That spirals out of sight"

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard
Galaxy  GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card with 1Gb memory
8Gb G Skill Ripjaws Series DDR3 1600 RAM
120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD drive
1Tb Hitachi SATA hard drive
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray drive
Lite-On iHAS224-06 SATA DVD drive
Rosewill Destroyer case
Cambridge Soundworks THX 5.1 speaker system
Onboard Realtek HD audio
I-inc iH-252HPB 25" widescreen monitor connected via HDMI
Samsung 2525W Laser Printer

#9 rhorn01

rhorn01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

This seemed to be the solution to my problem.
I tried to uninstall Creator 7 via the windows remove program routine but got caught in a low disk space on drive "C" catch 22.  Had gotten a low drive space message and was attempting to remove Creator to reinstall on a different drive.  Then got another message stating there wasn't enuff space to remove the program. IDJITS...
This totally screwed up the uninstall.  Partial files were left on the system.  Now I get an beginning install routine whenever I try to access a drive of power on the pc.
I downloaded and installed the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility but when ran it came up blank, nada, zilch,
nothing.  Apparently, there is nothing installed on my computer.
Last resort is to run regedit and delete any reference to ROXIO.
Which, I assume, is what the cleanup utility does. No?

[quote name='tbrewst' date='Feb 28 2007, 09:37 AM' post='99310']
By running the Windows Install Cleanup Utility you in no way delete the program.All you do is delete files that have to do with the installation routine.I'd wager that if you were to look at your machine with Explorer that you'd still find folders named Roxio with files in them.
Running WICU basically tells Windows that the program is no longer installed on your machine,that's all.Make sure that you look at your drive and delete any remaining folders that have to do with Roxio.
As far as Norton goes I'd reinstall it just like it says.

Here's what I'm saying,this is from that same KB article:

The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does not perform the following functions:
• Remove Windows Installer
Remove files of any programs that are installed by Windows Installer, such as Microsoft Office 2003
The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility does perform the following functions:
• Provides a dialog box in which you can select one or more programs that were installed by Windows Installer

To do this, select the programs that you want in the Installed Products list in the Windows Installer CleanUp dialog box. After you make this selection, the utility removes only the Windows Installer configuration information that is related to those programs.
Removes the files and registry settings that make up the Windows Installer configuration information for programs that you select
If you use this utility to remove the Windows Installer configuration information for your program and you plan to reinstall the program, you should reinstall the program in the same folder where you originally installed it. This prevents duplication of files on your hard disk or disks.
[/q

#10 tbrewst

tbrewst

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,151 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

Nope,all it does is remove references to the install rourine.What you did is what the uninstall should do but never does a really good job of.That's why the registry cleaner is recommended.

Edited by tbrewst, 19 March 2007 - 09:15 PM.

"Mild-mannered Supermen
Are held in kryptonite
And the wise and foolish virgins giggle
With there bodies glowing bright
And through the door a harvest feast
Is lit by candle light
It's the bottom of a staircase
That spirals out of sight"

Terry

64 bitWindows 8.1 OS
AMD FX-8320 8 core 3.5Ghz processor with Arctic Freezer 64 Pro cooling fan
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 AM3+ motherboard