Sign in to follow this  
jtwvid

Time Settings--a Fix

Question

I noticed as I was looking at date/time related things on these groups that things seemed to be off a bit. I.e. the calendar thought it was Thursday and my watch said it was still Wednesday. I figured I was either in a time warp, or my time zone settings were incorrect. :)

I figured out how to change them, so I thought I'd pass it on. There may be other ways, but I didn't see any obvious ones. (Doesn't mean they aren't there, just that I din't see 'em.)

1) Go to My Controls

2) Click on Board Settings under Options

3) There's a pull-down menu near the top of the screen you can use to change the time zone.

4) Click on the "Change my Account Options" button and you're done.

Now I know what to do if I ever move to Abu Dhabi :huh:

5 answers to this question

It took me a few to find that one myself.With the boards being reset I'd bet some people just haven't gotten around to setting every option up yet.Good tip though.

Thanks for posting that. There may be others who don't know how to do that. I am used to boards like this, so I knew where to look, but I would bet most won't.

I noticed as I was looking at date/time related things on these groups that things seemed to be off a bit. I.e. the calendar thought it was Thursday and my watch said it was still Wednesday. I figured I was either in a time warp, or my time zone settings were incorrect. :)

I figured out how to change them, so I thought I'd pass it on. There may be other ways, but I didn't see any obvious ones. (Doesn't mean they aren't there, just that I din't see 'em.)

1) Go to My Controls

2) Click on Board Settings under Options

3) There's a pull-down menu near the top of the screen you can use to change the time zone.

4) Click on the "Change my Account Options" button and you're done.

Now I know what to do if I ever move to Abu Dhabi :huh:

I'll have this corrected tomorrow.... odd that new accounts are defaulting to that...

I'll have this corrected tomorrow.... odd that new accounts are defaulting to that...

ALL accounts are new acounts.

My thanks to jtwvid. That explained it, and enabled me to fix it. :)

Lynn

ALL accounts are new acounts.

My thanks to jtwvid. That explained it, and enabled me to fix it. :)

Lynn

We put in a fix this morning, all new accounts created after that time will default to the board time of PST (GMT -8)