• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cactus jumper

cactus jumper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

I have read in other posts that sometimes an outdated directx version could cause problems with Easy Media Creator 9. So how do I find out what version of directx is installed on my computer?   unsure.gif
Is there a utility program that I could run that would give me that information?

Thanks

#2 telboy22

telboy22

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:38 AM

click start - run and enter dxdiag
version can be seen at the bottom of the first page

Acer  Aspire 6930 G laptop
Intel Core Duo T6499
4 Gb RAM
Creator 2011
Nvidia GForce 9600
Win Vista
DVD Super Multi DL

Aer Aspire Z3751
Intel Core i5
3Gb RAM
NVidia GForce 315
Win 7 Home Premium (x64) SP1
Creator 2011

#3 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,936 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:01 AM

Unfortunately, that really doesn't tell you much.  That number doesn't seem to change after 'every' update.  

Here is the Feb update to DirectX

Edited by ggrussell, 16 March 2007 - 06:02 AM.

Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#4 REDWAGON

REDWAGON

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,609 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:50 AM

"That number doesn't seem to change after 'every' update" (True, now how do you know if you have the latest update of DirectX) ???

When you go to the link suggested, cursor down to the listing "Related Sources" and click on
"Latest DirectX Redist". Then down load the latest file from there.

Frank....
REDWAGON

4 Custom Built ASUS/ Intel Computers

3 with Windows 7 Pro Retail Operating Systems
2 with Windows 8.1 Pro/WMC Operating Systems

1 HP laptop with W7 Pro OS
1 Apple iPAD2 & 1 iPhone 5 OS7

#5 ggrussell

ggrussell

Digital Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,936 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:55 AM

Or just click on CONTINUE to validate your Windows and download the DXWebsetup.exe.   That little app only downloads what you need and not the entire file which would be better for those on dial up.
Intel i7 4770k, 16GB 2400, LG 47" 3D TV, Two Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD, Hitachi 1TB HD, WD 3TB external USB3, LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray, LG WH14NS40 Bluray, ATI HD7870, Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z5500 THX certified 5.1 speakers, Epson 4490 scanner, Canon 9000Pro MarkII printer, Canon MF8380CDW, Sony TRV740 8mm digital, Canon HV20 HDV camcorder and Sony SLTA65VK for still photos, Win8 Pro 64bit
---------
System 2: HP DV7-3079wm, AMD Turion M60 2.4Ghz, $GB RAM, Patriot Pyro 128GB SSD, WD 320GB, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650, Win8 Pro 64bit.

Gary Russell
TNUSA

#6 cactus jumper

cactus jumper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

Hello,

Thanks for all the help.

I ran dxdiag and it said I had version 9.0c of directx. Then I downloaded dxwebsetup.exe and when I ran it to install, it confirmed I had version 9.0c or an equivalent, so I did not need an update, already have the latest version.

So, I can't blame any problems with EMC 9 on directx.  I have gotten most of it to work properly, but still can only burn Music DVDs by creating an image file and burning that file to a DVD. The burn never completes when I try to burn directly to DVD from the project window. Also, still can't get the add audio and import from DVD to work in Music Disc Creator. My work around is to use drag and drop. Interestingly, the add audio and import from DVD work in the DVD Music Assistant application.

But, on a good note so far everything else I have tried is now working. At one point I think almost the whole program was broken. I have done 2 clean installs and used RegCure to get to this point.

Thanks again--- biggrin.gif

Edited by cactus jumper, 22 March 2007 - 12:29 PM.

#7 cactus jumper

cactus jumper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (cactus jumper @ Mar 16 2007, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

Thanks for all the help.

I ran dxdiag and it said I had version 9.0c of directx. Then I downloaded dxwebsetup.exe and when I ran it to install, it confirmed I had version 9.0c or an equivalent, so I did not need an update, already have the latest version.

So, I can't blame any problems with EMC 9 on directx.  I have gotten most of it to work properly, but still can only burn Music DVDs by creating an image file and burning that file to a DVD. The burn never completes when I try to burn directly to DVD from the project window. Also, still can't get the add audio and import from DVD to work in Music Disc Creator. My work around is to use drag and drop. Interestingly, the add audio and import from DVD work in the DVD Music Assistant application.

But, on a good note so far everything else I have tried is now working. At one point I think almost the whole program was broken. I have done 2 clean installs and used RegCure to get to this point.

Thanks again--- biggrin.gif

UPDATE: PROBLEM FIXED

First I did another clean install. This fixed all the problems, except the media selection window not opening in Music Disc Creator. After exploring jeanrosenfeld's tip here, I began looking around in the registry. I thought, well the media selection window opens in DVD Music Assistant so I will compare the entries in the registry.

Opened the registry by doing run - regedit - ok
navigated to the proper register entries by clicking the pluses:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Roxio
emc9
MusicDiscCreator
MediaSelector
WindowRect (in the left hand window) values were 1213,390,600,480

I compared these values with the register entries here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
Software
Roxio
emc9
DVDMusicAssistant
MediaSelector
WindowRect (in the left hand window) it's values were 100,100,606,480

So, I modified the values in MusicDiscCreator - WindowRect to 100,100,606,480
Exited regedit, did a restart, and presto, when I click Add Audio Tracks and Import From CD/DVD the media selector window opened just fine.

Only problem left is not being able to burn a DVD directly from the Music Disc Creator window. Still working on that problem, but am able to burn what I want by making a disc image of the project and burning the image to DVD.

Thanks smile.gif

#8 individeol

individeol

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (cactus jumper @ Mar 15 2007, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have read in other posts that sometimes an outdated directx version could cause problems with Easy Media Creator 9. So how do I find out what version of directx is installed on my computer?   unsure.gif
Is there a utility program that I could run that would give me that information?

Thanks

click start button, select run, type: dxdiag
Here u can view direct x driver info on last line.
to test that its [font=System]operating correctly....
select display, then click  test direct 3d draw

#9 grandpabruce

grandpabruce

Digital Guru

• Digital Guru
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,195 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (individeol @ Mar 22 2007, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
click start button, select run, type: dxdiag
Here u can view direct x driver info on last line.
to test that its [font=System]operating correctly....
select display, then click  test direct 3d draw

The number on the last line hasn't changed in almost 2 years, even though there have been a ton of DirectX 9 updates.  Install the latest, and it won't change that number, hence the post by Gary, earlier in this thread.

And, the test means nothing, because it isn't testing all of the resources in Direct X, most of which the Roxio software requires.

Edited by grandpabruce, 22 March 2007 - 02:36 PM.

Life is good!
GrandpaBruce
Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard; Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866
PLEXTOR Black DVD Burner, Model PX-880SA; Pioneer Black 8X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R Burner
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card
Windows XP Pro w/SP3

Backup Computer:
ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe
Windows 7 Pro w/SP1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users